Chapter Thirty Eight: I'm not alone!

Sanjay's POV

Trying to educate Luke about the Hunger Games had been the last thing on my ideas of having fun but yet I knew once I told Luke he would remember it all and its always good to have someone who can't forget anything. Defiantly when what is happening can be very similar to the Hunger Games.

Yet the more time I spent telling Luke about the Hunger Games the more worried I have got about him. His wound is almost surely going to or already is infected. Why does it always happen to Luke?

"We need to get out of sight," Conner finally said once I had explained everything to Luke.

"Where do you suggest we go? I mean if you haven't noticed its just trees around here," Jay says to the kid quite blankly.

"Are all you young adults irritating, dumb and annoying?" Conner asks.

"Oi enough of that. What do you mean by that anyway?" asks Jay.

"Never mind. We need to move. Clearly you three have a death wish and Luke looks half dead already," Conner has to point out.

"Hey leave Luke out of this. I mean he was sort of sticking up for you. If it wasn't for him I may have had to teach you a lesson," sneers Jay now.

I put my hand on Jay's shoulder, "Calm down. He is just a kid and he thought he had no other choice. We still may not have a choice. If its be killed or kill you have to make your mind up quickly. Can't judge him until you are in that situation," I tell him calmly.

"Guys I hate to be the bearer of bad news and all but...we are in trouble," Luke breaks through our conversation like a rock smashing through a piece of glass.

I turn to where Luke had been staring to find a group of about six people heading our way. Some young, some our age and one a lot older then us. All have weapons, all look ready for an ambush and three guesses who that is?

We all quickly hide behind the trees. Luke and I behind one. Jay and Conner behind the other. "We are dead," whispers Conner.

"You say we have a death wish but clearly your just a right coward," Jay says to him.

"Jay come on. He is scared to die. Most people are," I try explain.

Luke grabs onto my shoulder firmly. At first I thought he just wanted to be close to me but I soon realized he had no choice but to cling on. He suddenly looks very pale, almost all his colour gone. He is shaking ever so slightly and his eyes are failing him.

"Luke please you can't give up on us now," I say to him with clear concern in my voice it breaking off at the end as if my voice gave out.

"I will be okey Sanjay I just don't think I'm up to running or being apart of this crazy scheme," he whispers.

"I know Luke. I know it gets a bit much sometimes," I say to him.

He nods, "I can't quite explain why it hurts so much. I'm use to getting hurt a bit now but this...something is wrong Sanjay. I can feel it," he continues to whisper to me.

"I need to get you help. We need to get out of here. If we don't we are all going to die and Luke a lot sooner then us! I believe you Luke," I say turning back to him, "Your normally right about these things."

"Lenny...where is Lenny?" Luke asks.

"I don't know Luke. They must of taken the ring. They may not even know what he is. We will get him back like we did last time," I smile to him.

He falls slightly onto me now holding onto me tight against the tree. "I love you. Don't ever forget that. I just don't feel right with out Lenny," he tells me.