Chapter Sixty Six: Let's Go!

Luke's POV

"You okay Luke?" Kevin asks me. 

Kevin had come to see me in my room in the Tardis. 

I look at him, "I am okay...just I might of not even been here right now if it wasn't for the Doctor."

Kevin wraps his arm around me, "I know but I am so grateful he did come when he did. Honestly don't know what I do if I lost you. Part of me wants to tell you to stop all this alien fighting altogether. You died...but I know whatever I said wouldn't stop you. It is what you were born into and I know you want to protect earth like your mum did and I will not take that from you but promise me, rest just for a little while. The earth will live another day, so will you. So rest Luke and know I am very proud of you. Always remember that," he smiles at me. 

"I know...its why I haven't left this room. A part of me almost feels afraid too after what happened but Earth does need us. But you are right I need to rest, clear my head. I can protect the earth but maybe not today," I say as I tap Kevin on the shoulder before I lay down on the bed. 

Kevin kisses me on the forehead before he heads to the door to leave, "Love you Luke Smith," before he made his exit from the room. 

I lost track of time in the Tardis. I couldn't tell you how long I laid on the bed, lost in thought and cutting myself off from the world for a while. 

Yet it seems that the world has other plans. I woke with a start from loud ringing spreading across the Tardis. At first I sat bolt up right in bed wondering what could be going on.

I climbed out the bed and headed for the door but it slid open to reveal Sanjay," Luke," he said. 

"Sanjay...what is going on?" I ask. 

"Tardis has gone into some sort of panic attack, but the Doctor says its because its picking up on a strong signal in a near galaxy. The Doctor wanted to drop us all back to earth instead of putting us all at risk but it seems the Tardis has other plans. It won't let the Doctor change its cause. Looks like we all heading for a different galaxy," says Sanjay. 

"Sounds like fun," I say as I go to head out the room. 

"Luke what you doing?" 

"You think I am going to just sit in this room for a minute longer when we are heading for a different galaxy. No way," I say. 

"Luke...I'm scared. I almost lost you. We all did. I don't know how everyone else is going to feel about it but I think you should stay on the Tardis..with Paul."

"You realise Paul isn't going to agree to that and I'm not either," I tell him, "I know you all nearly lost me and Paul. I know what happened and you don't think I am scared. I am but Sanjay. This is what I do. This is what I am meant to do and whether I am scared or worried or the fact that I did die doesn't change that we might be able to help. I love you Sanjay and I know you just want to protect me, but sometimes we can't always protect each other but we can try to be there for the people we love. I am sorry that trouble finds me right round every corner but you knew what you was getting into when you came into my world. This is a big part of my life and you know that."

Sanjay looks at me and nods, "I know and you are right. I did know and I decided to join into your crazy world anyway because I love you Luke Smith and you are the first ever person I feel right with. Just the thought that we may never get to experience all that together. I want to live life with you in it," he tells me. 

"I'm right here, Sanjay and that will not change. I will fight with every last breath to try always be beside you for as long as I can possibly be. Now come on the Doctor might be able to tell us where we are heading."

"Ah Lukey boy. Good to see you in one piece," Paul says as Sanjay and I arrive in the main part of the Tardis. 

"Thought you show up quicker then I did," I smile at Paul as I join beside him and the Doctor. 

"So any idea where we are heading?" Sanjay asks before I could. 

"Believe it or not. We are heading for a planet called The Quarter. I thought it was a pretty bizarre name to call a planet," Clyde says. 

"Well not every planet can have a cool name," says Rani. 

"Rani is correct about that. The Quarter is a long lost planet and I was quite surprised the Tardis was even able to lock onto it. But it seems we may be heading into a trap and we all need to be alert. That means some of us will adventure out onto the planet and some of us will stay behind," says the Doctor. 

"No way am I missing out on this," Sky begins. 

"I've already decided on who I want to come and who to stay," the Doctor says. 

"Hold on who made you boss," begins Jay. 

"This is my Tardis, that makes me boss," the Doctor laughs having fun teasing with Jay. Jay nods to understand he made a fair point. 

"Kevin, Daniel, Amy, Rory, Rani and  Jay you are staying here. Luke, Paul, Sky, Clyde  and Sanjay you are with me," says the Doctor. 

"Of course. Send the two who just nearly died straight back into the action," says Jay without thinking about what he said it seems. 

"Even if I told Paul and Luke to stay they would just wait for me to leave and still follow in pursuit. Maybe its because they are stupid but we love them, I certainly do and they don't do it because they are stupid. It's because this is what they do just like its what I do. Everyone will have there chance to explore other planets if you so wish but not today. I have thought long a hard about this the past hour. I am settled on this," says the Doctor. 

"Doctor why can't I come?" Amy asks. 

"I want you to keep my Tardis safe and we have plenty more journeys to go on together Amy. If you need to contact me then do. I only trust you to keep her safe," he tells her. 

She nods, "I understand."

The Tardis began to shake and suddenly it felt like it had landed roughly on something. "We are here," says the Doctor as he comes up to me and hands me my sonic pen. 

I take it from him, "Thanks," I smile at him. 

"We ready?" The Doctor asks. 

Clyde, Paul, Sky and Sanjay all stood by and all nodded. "Lets go!"

//////

Thanks for reading!!

Needs Editing.