Chapter Twenty: Our Family

Sanjay's POV

I watch Luke beside me fiddling with his hands like he is almost missing some sort of part of him. I hadn't quite been able to pay too much attention to it before but right now I can see quite a clear difference.

"How long is this going to take?" Luke asks the Doctor.

The Doctor is running around his Tardis pressing buttons but looks up to Luke after being asked the question," Not too much longer, Luke. I know you are worried but it all work out okey," The Doctor smiles at him.

"I hope you are right," is all Luke says falling silent again.

"Are you alright mate?" Clyde asks him before I get a chance too.

Luke looks at Clyde and sighs, "I don't know. I got so use to Lenny being attached to me. Sure he is annoying and constantly points out how stupid I can be even with my super brain but deep down I knew he was only kidding around. He does really care about me and I about him. Its really hard to explain it," Luke whispers.

"You and Lenny have made a bond not many people will be able to understand Luke. He has been physically attached to you, your energy, your life force. Everything inside your head he knows and you with him. By that connection now being broken...your going to feel like something is missing. I should of told you that could be one of the risks if you decided to keep him attached to you," says the Doctor.

"Are you being serious? Wow," says Clyde.

"That's scary and amazing all at the same time," says Rani.

"Maybe but everyone reacts differently to it. I am concerned maybe that I should of suggested not to keep Lenny with you," says the Doctor.

"No way! I am glad I did. I don't regret it! I'll get him back!" Luke says loudly but still in a calm sort of voice that makes me want to bring him into a hug and kiss him.

I finally step forward and take Luke's hand, "Maybe I should be jealous of Lenny," I joke.

Luke looks at me and brings me into him. He puts his head against my shoulder and whispers into my ear, "No one can match up to you, Sanjay. I love you and always will. Don't ever give up on me alright? Lenny is a good friend and he might know me from inside and my genius and stupidity but you know me too. I hide nothing from you and I never will ever again," before he brings his lips to mine and we kiss.

"I am still here you know!" Lucy suddenly shouts breaking through our moment like a metal pole falling down onto pavement nearly flatting you.

I glare over at her, "I swear why don't you just shut up! You don't have to watch, turn away. No one wants to hear anymore of your crap!" I shout at her. She is chained to one of beams located in the Tardis that we are currently in. I still can't quite get over that its bigger on the inside.

I still can't quite get over that my boyfriend is an alien fighter who was created by aliens who has a genius super brain who uses that to his advantage with the constant struggle against alien invasions and saving ones too. He even has the power to move objects and use his abilities to force people back by his mind alone. The Doctor is quite unusual just like Luke but that is probably why I like him too but not as much as Luke. No one could ever match up to Luke.

I think I knew I liked him the moment I set my eyes on him. I just hate myself for taking so long to finally asking him out. I sometimes wonder if he would of ever told me about all this if I hadn't got caught in the middle of it all but yet...I know he would of in the end. I just wish I had moved quicker.

I may have not got to meet Sarah Jane in person, the wonderful women Luke would never stop talking about. The women that had helped Luke grow and find his way to me. I owe that women a lot. A hell of a lot. Luke is perfect and she knew that too. I know Luke will always miss her but I will be around for now on to ensure I can be there when he needs to talk about her. Don't worry Sarah Jane Smith. I will look after your son for you now...