Chapter Seventeen: More of a chance to save the Tehx

Luke's POV

I stare at the room in front of me hanging by the door Daniel keeping an eye out in the corridor encase anyone comes.

Daniel is right. They have these defenseless aliens in these glass containers. They are taking some sort of Liquid from them and they are going into many different bottles.

What could they want with such a liquid but since its from these aliens it can't be anything good, I know that for sure. I have to do something to help them.

I slowly head further into the room and getting right up close to one of the containment s. "I wonder if they can even hear or communicate?"

"Why don't you try," says Lenny in my head.

"I'm Luke and I want to help you. Can you hear me at all?" I ask looking at the alien.

Its eyes suddenly seem to graze over me and it seems to change its expression if it even has one. Its hard to tell but I know it heard me if nothing else.

"We have to help them," says Daniel from behind me.

I turn to face him, "We will but I need you to keep an eye on the door encase anyone comes," I tell him firmly.

"No one is there. Luke please there has to be something," he says walking up beside me.

"I don't know if getting them out of them will help. Can they breathe in this atmosphere? Do they need to live inside the containment? I don't know anything about the species anything could be a big risk to hurting them more or killing them. Can't rush in on these things. I know you want to help them and so do I. But we have to be careful and use our heads not our hearts. Alright I'm trying to think. I need my phone so I can contact Mr Smith. He can give me information on them and we can go from there," I tell Daniel.

"Who is Mr Smith?"

"Not important. I just need my phone," I say as I turn back towards the door as I see the handle opening. "Quick behind that cupboard quick crutch down," I tell Daniel he does as he is told as I rush over to one of the machines and crutch down behind it breathing as lightly as I can.

"The master wants more liquid. You need to increase the machines," I hear the familiar voice of the manager.

"Right away Tom," speaks a young looking women in a lab coat.

I keep myself hidden as they walk by the machine I am hiding behind. "We need to speed things up. We already have two people in our basement. Don't need anymore wondering eyes or a stupid kid with Sonic device ruining our plans. Once we have enough this place will make us rich. More rich then we already are. Our Master will be most pleased. Our prices are cheap all thanks to you beautiful creatures. Don't worry we try not drain you completely Tehx but we can't promise you anything though!" Tom laughs loudly.

"Take that back!" Daniel shouts coming out from his hiding place.

"How did you escape!" Tom shouts furiously.

"Wouldn't you like to know. I won't let you do this to them. They don't deserve to be in pain," says Daniel looking really upset by this point.

Why didn't he stay in his hiding place. We have lost the advantage of surprise now. I keep myself hidden behind the machine.

He almost reminds me of myself when I was first brought into all this.

Almost.

"If you are here Luke Smith can't be far behind! Where is he?" he demands at Daniel.