Chapter Twenty Five: What is going on here?

Luke's POV

I woke to find myself tangled up against Sanjay while Rue is snuggled up against me on the opposite side. I slip out from them both without waking them up. I slowly sit on the edge of the bed and look around the half lit room.

Its just coming up eight in the morning. I slowly head over to the bedroom door and slip out into the corridor.

I feel more refreshed then I did yesterday but my chin still has a slight ache to it, but it clear up soon enough. It always does.

I head up the stairs to the attic and enter. "Mr Smith K-9!" I say.

Mr Smith had never shut down last night. They must of been working into the early hours of the morning.

"Master Luke," says K-9.

"Have you managed to do what I asked?"

"Certainly Master Luke. We have!"

"Show it to me then," I smile.

Mr Smith lets out a small tray revealing a small bracelet.
"So will this protect him? Will this protect Rue?"

"It will conceal his identity, it will make him look like a normal human child," Mr Smith confirms.

"That's great! What age?" I ask curiously?"

"He will appear to be Sky's age," K-9 says.

"That could work. I mean for now schools almost over so we don't need to worry but if this becomes something permanent for now then he can join Sky. With Rani and Clyde off to university or college in September that might work," I smile as I sit down on the sofa.

"Have they talked to you much about that?" Mr Smith asks me.

"No. I mean I think Clyde is going college but Rani well its quite clear what she will do. I just haven't got around to asking her which university she got accepted into yet," I sigh suddenly feeling like a useless friend.

"Are you worried?" Lenny asks me inside my head.

"A bit. I mean with out Rani or Clyde around it will all feel like its almost over. I mean they have been there for so long. It will feel weird," I speak to Lenny inside my head.

"You can get through it. You have to be strong. Be strong as they were strong when you went off to university," says Lenny.

"I know."

The familiar found of the Tardis suddenly fills the attic until the police box appears a few inches away from me.

The Doctor steps out smiling, "Hey Lukey boy," he grins.

"I think if my mum could see you now she would get jealous. I mean I only saw you a couple days ago," I smile.

"So many things I do regret, Luke. Not popping back to see your mother, Sarah has always played on my mind. Even more so after her death," the Doctor says softly.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"That is a very good question," smiles the Doctor.

"Its more the fact that you insisted we come here before we head off," says Amy pond from the Tardis.

"Come on!" Rory shouts.

"How about it Luke? I mean really how about it? One trip. You, Amy, Rory and I? Your mum would of killed me but you deserve a proper trip. I can bring you back to this point in time. It will seem like nothing happened," he smiles at me.