Chapter Thirty Six: He is a real Mystery

Luke's POV

I walk towards the library entrance with Paul beside me. "Luke is it me or does it look like its closed?" he says raising his eyebrows up at me.

I walk to the door and try the door, "It shouldn't be closed! Its never closed at this time," I say looking at my watch. Its only three in the afternoon. It should be open.

"So why is the door closed? Hold on there is a sign here," says Paul pointing towards a small piece of paper placed on one side of the doors. I pull it off to read it.

"Closed. No reason to panic. Refurbishments!"

"This isn't right. I mean it only got refurbished a month ago! Something is off," I say to Paul quickly.

"What you think its aliens? Come on Luke. Its one stupid library that is closed. You have a perfectly good computer at home. This was a stupid idea anyway," says Paul.

"Paul I know I'm right. It shouldn't be shut I am certain of that and I came here to get peace. To do my work in piece but now I can't do that anyway. Plus the way this has been wrote isn't profession at all. I would know," I say to him as I head around the building of the library.

"What you going to do?" he asks.

"I'm going to get in here and see what is going on. You coming or not?"

"Of course I am. I've been waiting for this," Paul says. "Doctor says to trust you and if you think something is wrong than you are probably right," says Paul pushing ahead first finding a back door which happens to be slightly open.

"Who would leave this open," I say as Paul enters through the door beckoning me to follow.

"Who knows. Who ever is actually in here and probably the same person who decided to shut the library for whatever reason."

"If its a person at all," I point out.

Paul leads the way through what seems to be a staff room of some sorts before we find a door at the far side. All the lights are off but there is enough light coming from a couple windows to see. Paul pulls open the door to reveal the first floor of the main library I have been in a million times.

"I suggest we check every floor just to be on the safe side," I say to Paul.

"You think we split up? That's what you do right you humans?" he says.

I look at him, "Don't act like we are the only race to do that. It would cover more ground will you be okey?"

"Luke I can't believe you just asked me that. I'm more worried about you," Paul begins.

"Don't be. I'll search the higher levels you check the lower ones," I tell him before I head straight to the stairs and start heading up them.

I keep heading up until I reach the third floor and head towards the back part of floor three where I know I find the computers. If I can just get five minutes peace to finish my article. No one seems to be around so I could quickly get it done and send.

I find the computers all switched on. All the lights are off but the computers are all on but why?

I sit down to the closest one and try log in. A quiet but annoying sound suddenly comes from the computer with a red flash coming from it.

"Who are you!" demands a voice from behind me. I whip my ahead around to find a women.

"Don't you mean what am I doing here? Are your computers meant to do this? I just really badly needed to print something and when I found it closed...it was a tad odd cause you only refurbished a month ago," I say.