Chapter Thirty: All your hard Work

Luke's POV

One Year later

I lay against the hard ground floor with Molly sleeping against me my arm around her to try comfort her. My new found bruises on my arms and face had concerned her but yet that's nothing new.

"Luke," says Lenny.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Nothing is wrong...how are you feeling?"

"I'm alright, Lenny. No need for concern. I know its happened a couple times but I don't think its too much to worry about. I'm so close to finding out," I say to Lenny.

"I agree. I mean its not exactly something I would of wanted to know," Lenny says.

"Me either. I mean...Kevin should of had the right to tell me in his own time. Its just a shame there was no time for that. I can't believe they loved each other. Majesty and Kevin...together and now hate each other. How can love fail so bad like that," I whisper.

"I don't know Luke. I've never quite got love its always been a strong but also scary human feeling," Lenny admits.

"Yeah I guess it is," I smile softly to myself.

"You want him to reveal his name," says Lenny.

"I do. I need to know his real name. It be the start of stopping him. We have to use everything he has told me against him. Bring up the past and push him to his limits and...I don't want to hurt Kevin or Majesty but I don't have much of a choice. I rather use words then weapons. Its what mum would of done," I say slowly.

"She always does sound like a brilliant women," says Lenny.

"She was and still is. I know shes gone but never from my heart or who she touched when she was alive. I miss her Lenny...I miss Sanjay and Sky. I miss Jay and Daniel. I miss them all. Its been so hard," I whisper.

"I know...I'm sorry," Lenny says softly.

"Hey its alright. I mean just one more year to go," I laugh at the thought.

I close my eyes drifting off to sleep.

As days slipped into weeks upon weeks time seemed to slip away from me more and more. Each time I woke I hardly said a word but really I was having full conversations with Lenny inside my head. Thinking and planning for hours on end and no one had a clue.

No one had a clue. Not even the Majesty.

I find myself sitting in his office. He looks me up and down and sighs, "You hardly spoke in weeks. I tell you stuff and I get no reaction. Its no fun," Majesty says to me.

"I thought that is what you would want Majesty," I finally say something.

"Oh give it up with that...you know my name Luke," he whispers.

"Jamey," I whisper.

He looks at me and smiles, "I had no idea I'll come to actually enjoy our chats. But it still changes nothing," he says to me.

"I didn't expect it too," I say in a whisper.

"He still hides away. Doesn't show his face," he says.

"What do you expect? I mean you destroyed him," I tell him.

"I did. I did destroy him when I took you. That much is clear," he laughs looking at me.

I lower my head looking down at the floor. He comes over to me and places his hand on my cheek pulling my head up to look directly into his eyes.