Chapter Thirty Four: The Doctor is Here!

Luke's POV

Rue species or Freshens as they are known as don't have much that can be seen as a threat however by digging into the ships databases I know that the man who is after Rue to kill him is in actual fact is Rue's dads brother. If anything was to happen to Rue he would take over.

Rue's dad recently died. Darren is Rue's uncle and wants his nephew dead so he can become King and now with his brother dead he took his chance but failed when Rue got away. However between Rue escaping and coming to earth Rue forgot all his memory which Darren will not know about.

I knew about Rue's race what they are and what the planet was called because Mr Smith had told Jay who told me but now I know a bit more about Rue's background. He is a small child who has this all on his shoulders and an uncle that would kill his own blood just for a crown. I can't quite believe it but yet I do. Nothing seems to surprise me much these days.

Darren will not stop until Rue is dead. I have to stop him and once I know it is safe for Rue he has to go back to Star-line no matter how hard it will be for him as Rue will someday rule his land just like his father did.

What I don't get is how Darren knows so much about me. How he could talk to Rue within his mind. He has a very updated system and those holograms had been very good and convincing.

Yet I've managed to get past a lot of his security. The lights suddenly come back on. Systems rebooting the control panel informs me.

"Intruder in block C!" suddenly a loud voice fills the corridor.

I try get back into the system but I have been totally blocked out. I sigh looking around. If I can't get into the control panel I can't get through the next door.

The door up ahead slides open to reveal a tall, one eyed purple alien wearing a blue and red combat sort of uniform a gun in his hand snapping his attention straight to me over by the control panel.

"Luke Smith I take," he sneers at me.

I look back at him, "That's me."

"You came alone?" he looks at me curiously.

"Yeah," I lie to him.

"You also managed to get your Xylok back online?"

"You didn't think I was capable?"

"I miss judged you clearly. Where is Rue?"

"Like I would tell you. I won't let you hurt him. How can you want to kill your own family just for a crown and to rule? What is it with you aliens wanting to rule and concur and kill?" 

"You have no idea what has happened or why I need the crown. Don't you stand there a petty human who isn't even a real human and judge me like your better then me!" he shouts raising the gun towards me.

"I am human and I protect Earth. I am only going to warn you once about leaving here and never touching Rue or you will regret ever coming here," I tell him.

"You were grown! Part of alien invasion. Rue can be very helpful to me when I dig inside his mind. Rue didn't quite know all your abilities though," he says.

"Because he didn't know you couldn't know of course. Darren why do you need to rule? Why can't you let Rue take his rightful place and you help him and guide him until he is of an age where he can rule properly. If you worried about him not being capable. You don't have to kill him," I say gently to him.

"Rue looks up to you. He never once looked up to me," Darren trails off.

"Maybe you need to think why? You need to be there for him, help him.  Protect him not kill him. No wonder he isn't close with you. You want to kill him!"