Chapter Forty Nine: Where are Luke and Sky?

No one's POV

The silence in Thirteen Bannerman felt like it would remain like that forever. No one seemed to move, no one seemed to make a sound. The once loving home broken at its heart a couple months ago couldn't be more felt then now.

Silence is the most deadliest sound at the best of times and Clyde didn't like it in the slightest yet he couldn't find words to say to lighten the mood, to rid of the horrible silence.

No one seemed to know what to do hanging about the house but never too far from Luke's or Sky's room in hope that some good news may arrive but what were they really thinking? Didn't seem to be much of a chance at all.

All hope relies on someone they hardly know...

Kevin found himself leaning against Luke's door unable to find the courage to go inside. He hadn't found the courage to confront his son about his current condition.

Kevin couldn't begin to know or realize what had happened or how Lucifer had managed to course so much damage to cause Luke to be unable to move.

He couldn't do anything for Sky either. She is still currently unconscious and no one seems to have any ideas to why she hasn't woke up.

What happened to Luke and Sky? Why can no one figure this out...

Suddenly Kevin hears faint sobbing inside Luke's room. Its not Luke...its Sanjay.

Kevin slowly moves away from the door knowing its best to leave Sanjay and Luke alone at this time. Within Luke's room Sanjay sat on a chair right next to the bed where Luke is currently laying.

He looks at Sanjay. "If anyone should be crying it should be me," Luke jokes.

Sanjay looks at Luke, "Aren't you scared?" Sanjay asks him looking in slight discomfort from his leg where he had got bit.

"I am scared...I'm scared it be permanent. I'm scared that this is what my few years here on Earth have led me too. I've been so close to dying recently I wonder if someday soon it will be my last. Yet I know this is the life I want to lead till the end. I feel pain but I can't move and I don't know why. That would scare anyone right? I don't know what is going on with my body and I haven't in a while now. Yet all I can really think about is if Sky will wake up. If she doesn't Sanjay...I don't know what I will do. I was meant to protect her..," Luke whispers.

"You have protected her. You were being attacked Luke. You were nearly killed. How was you to protect her. You did all you could at that moment in time. You saved Paul's and my life. What else can yourself or anyone else expect you to do? You maybe Luke Smith but come on. Just because you were made by aliens don't make you any less human or capable of doing about hundred things at once," Sanjay says to me.

Suddenly something seemed terribly wrong. One moment Luke had been looking at Sanjay and the next thing Sanjay knew Luke's body went all rigid and he started to have some sort of strange fit. Luke's cries of help, horror and screaming ripped through the house like a car crashing into glass.

It shook everyone that afternoon and Paul was nowhere to be found...

Luke's POV

I gasp for air and suddenly find myself waking up not in my own bed but somewhere completely different.

I move my head which responds to me to find Paul standing over me. I am in some sort of strange bed.

"Hey Luke," Paul smiles.

I slowly move slightly and find myself able to move. "How?" I ask confused.

"This is my home planet, Luke. I brought you here. It was the last option. As it was for Sky," he says to me showing a sleeping Sky next to me in another bed like the one I am in.