Chapter Fifty: I can't wait for that day!

Luke's POV

I woke to the sound of an alarm blaring out into the room Sky and I haven't left since we both woke up. Sky jolted awake at the terribly loud alarm too.

"What is that?" Sky asked looking at me confused rubbing her eyes. I smile glad she is starting to look back to her old usual self. She really did have me worried.

I shake my head as I push off the covers and get out of the bed, "No idea but I think its some sort of alarm. We should check it out. Something could be wrong," I say to her as I find myself still in a white robe. I sigh before I look to the chair to find my clothes. Torn but they have been washed.

"Would this be one of those rare occasions when I say its probably best we stay here until we know a bit more but you ignore me anyway?" asks Sky.

"You're always up for an adventure, Sky. Is something wrong? I mean you would normally jump at the chance. I remember the first time we really got to know each other, you were very keen back then. Are you not slightly excited that this is a new planet?"

Sky looks at me and can't help but smile, "No matter what happens. No matter what is chucked at us it never fazes you at all. You are raring to go again pretty soon after what just happened," says Sky.

I shrug my shoulders, "Don't you? I was born running. Born to destroy Earth but Sarah Jane changed that for me, like she did with you. I don't think I would want anything other then this. Mum did it to protect Earth and I want to do that too. I know its dangerous and I am scared or I have been. But sitting back and waiting for something to happen. I still can't do that. This is Paul's planet. What if someone is hurt or in trouble. We might be able to help," I tell her.

Sky looks to the chair the other side of the bed with her clothes on and nods, "You are right. We can't just wait around," she smiles as we both grab out clothes and pull the curtain between our beds so we can change in private.

I look to the ring sitting on the bedside table next to the bed I had been sleeping in. I pick it up and slip it back onto my finger.

"Hey Lenny," I say to him in my head.

"Hey Luke. Off on another adventure so soon? Be careful," he says to me.

"Don't worry," I tell him knowing he does worry a lot.

Once fully changed back into our own clothes which happens to be my t-shirt, jeans and trainers with the alarm still blaring we head towards the exit of the medical bay we have been stuck in. We reach the door which won't open without either a password or a key card.

Sky looks at me, "You can get it open right?" she asks.

"Watch me," I say winking at her as I set to work on the control pad.

It takes me a few minutes with Sky waiting patiently beside me watching as I process through different passwords until I managed to break the security and get the password. The door slides open.

"You are still a genius," she smiles as we head out into a long white and grey corridor with many doors like the one we just gone through.

"It's almost like a ship," Sky says.

"Paul said his planet is way more advanced then Earth. Its probably why this place we are in looks like a ship. It can't be though. I believe this is a hospital," I tell Sky.

"You sure you are up for this?" she asks me.

"I feel alright, Sky. You alright?"

She nods, "I feel good actually. Let's just make sure nothing is wrong."