Chapter Sixty three: Brilliant idea

Sanjay's POV

I found myself watching in horror at the scenes playing out in front of us on the screen. A screen that had appeared out of nowhere about twenty minutes ago. I watch as my boyfriend is fighting to save his sister, to protect his sister but each moment that went by I saw Luke getting even more hurt and I don't think my heart can take it. 

I watch Paul as he starts to do something with K-9 and Mr Smith and the Doctor assisting anyway he can. "We have to do something...Paul! He is about to kill him!" I scream. 

The screen suddenly loses power and the whole house dipped into complete darkness. What just happened? 

Luke's POV

I found myself leaning up against my car. The wind blowing gently in my hair, the sun completely gone now replaced with the night sky, the moon that I could just about see. 

Jack sat next to me his left arm wrapped around me with a blanket," You are going to be okay," he smiled gently at me. 

"How?" I ask. 

"Sky has great abilities, ones she couldn't even quite understand or realise she had until now. When she needed them the most to save her brothers life," Jack said calmly. 

"Where is Sky?" I ask. 

"She is currently with the Judoon ensuring he suffers for his crimes. The time shift is still in effect right now but...I think you can help with that," says Jack. 

"Me? How can I help?" I ask. 

He passed me Lenny and puts the ring on my right finger. "With a little help from a friend."

Once Jack told me about how my energy could be used in different kind of ways I wondered how long Jack had really lived for. But he can't die..maybe for a lot longer then even the Doctor could understand. 

Jack helped me over to the front door of the house. He nodded to me knowing I had his full support. "You can do it," he says to reassure me. 

I place my right hand, the only decent thing I had left for the time being to the door. I concentrated hardly on the house. "Lets do this Luke!" says Lenny inside my head. 

We concentrated for a good ten minutes before I felt a strange feeling rush over me and as a flash filled the area of my house I felt myself fall backwards but into Jack's arms. 

"Rest now Luke, you deserve some rest," I heard Jack's voice echo in my head as I finally let sleep take over.

Paul's POV

For the first time in what felt like a long time 13 Bannerman road felt quiet, but it also felt more calm, more warm and that was all because after a couple days of madness, worry, stress and concerned Luke could be found soundly a sleep in his room with Sanjay. 

"Can I have a quick word, " says the Doctor as he came into the empty attic to find me sitting on the sofa lost in my own thoughts. 

I nod to him, "Of course," as I gesture for him to join me on the sofa. 

"Luke stopped the time freeze, with a little help from Lenny and Jack's knowledge. This can only mean one thing...he is growing in power and I want to have him take another test when he is feeling up to it," says the Doctor. 

"But you have to go...continue to save the world. I thought you wouldn't stay for too long. I can run the tests its not a problem," I smile to reassure him. 

"Make sure you do, because as much he is growing in his abilities we all know he isn't invincible and we nearly lost him this time. Do all you can to protect him, that is all I ask and thank you for doing all you could up until now."

"I will don't worry. I'm going to miss you," I say patting him on the back. 

"I'll miss all you lot. Best alien fighting team around and I am so proud of you all. I know Sarah Jane would be too. Stay safe and I will keeping an eye..never know when you might need me again," the Doctor smirks. 

"Well we shall see," I laugh. 

The Doctor smiles, "Yeah I'll be back before you even know it. Let Luke know I am sorry for putting him through what he had to go through and that I will see him real soon," he says as he gets up, "I better go say goodbye to the others and thank Sky one more time. She is incredible."

"Yeah she really is."

  Luke's POV

My recovery took over a week. Paul had to sort out a sick note to ensure I didn't lose my job. I spent most of my time with Sanjay in my room and everyone seemed to give me plenty of space. 

Sanjay and I felt spent most of our time together sleeping, eating, watching TV or talking about our future. Sanjay couldn't help but ask about all that happened to me and I told him everything to make sure we have no secrets. I also told him I felt like a crappy boyfriend for not being there for him. Sanjay insisted that its actually him who is the crappy boyfriend.  So we both agreed to drop the conversation. 

I found myself walking down the stairs at 2 in the morning and head towards the kitchen. I open the fridge and pull out the milk. I grab a mug and turn the kettle on. 

I put a teabag in the cup and add two sugars and a splash of milk. Once the kettle boiled, I pour the hot water into the cup. I take the mug and go over to the back door. I unlock it with the key and head out into the garden and sit down at the table. 

I take a sip of my tea and look up at the sky. It hasn't ever been so quiet, not like this for a long while and as much as I know what I do is to help protect earth sometimes it feels good to sit in silence and for once feeling like I am on the mend. 

"Can I join you?" Paul asks as he approaches me from the backdoor. 

"Of course," I smile at him as he comes and sits beside me. 

"I wanted to ask you something. We both seem to be getting caught up in a lot in the past, the present and the future. But I need you to know Luke, whatever happens I will be here for you. I want you to know apart from my sister...you really are the only other person I truly care about and by caring for you, also means I care about the people that love and want to protect you too. And I know you did all you could to try save me from Uther and look what happened to you because of that. You are incredible young man who has learnt so much and cares so much in such a short space of time. I couldn't ask for a better friend then that, almost like a brother I never had," he smiles. 

"I feel the same way and you go above and beyond to try to protect me. I've seen that over the last few weeks. I notice a lot more you probably realise I do. Emily is the only family you had left?" I ask him. 

He nods," Yes. Our parents died when we were small. I had to try look out for Emily the best I could. Just the way you are with Sky. Just know if you ever need to talk, scream or need help don't hesitate to ask me," Paul says looking at me in such a way maybe Sky would. 

"Thank you...that really means a lot to me. There is something...I over heard you speaking to Sky about the funfair and circus coming to town. You think you might be able to get us all tickets. Take one day out from the alien fighting, all of us. We deserve to have a bit of fun now and again."

"I think that is a brilliant idea. I will sort it out, don't worry." 

////////

Needs editing!!