Chapter Thirty Three: Not Again

Sky's POV

I arrive outside his house. I take a deep breath in before I knock on the red door my heart beating about a hundred miles an hour. I really hope someone answers the door. I came all this way in hope I could see him. I haven't seen him since we got back from the camping trip. We have two weeks of school left now but he just missed a week. Not a word or a text. Its like after that kiss he has tried to avoid me but why?

Does he not like me? I really thought he did or does...I really don't know. I'm still getting use to these type of feelings.

Come on Mark answer the door!

Finally the door creaks open to reveal Mark. He looks ill. Really ill. Red cheeks, red nose and his clothes hanging off him. "Mark," I whisper.

"Sky what you doing here? I didn't want you to see me like this," he says embarrassed.

"I didn't realize you were ill. I just thought you were ignoring me after that kiss we scared and the lights flickering," I say to him.

"You thought I was avoiding you because what? That the kiss meant nothing? That I don't actually care about you or I was leading you on. No Sky. I would never do that to you! You are the first girl that I have ever been able to talk to and get to know in this place before and I really care about you Sky. I just didn't want you to see me like this...too late now," he smiles softly.

"So you really do like me?" I ask him.

"Of course I do. I know I never got the chance to ask or confirm but will you be my girlfriend? I really want you to give me a chance Sky because I don't think I ever get a chance to meet someone as bright, beautiful and caring as you," he winks at me.

"Yes I will. I like you too Mark. I really want to try this too," I grin.

"Well did you want to come in?" he asks.

"Sure," I smile as he steps aside to let me inside. "So this is your house. It looks big and modern," I tell him.

"Well one day you have to show me your house though only fair," he laughs

"Maybe one day," i say trailing off. That may never be possible and not because I'm scared of what Luke will say if I show up with Mark who happens to be my boyfriend. I mean that can defiantly contribute to it but its more the alien computer in the attic and K-9 and the crazy life my brother and in most cases me lead. How could I even begin to explain Kevin?

I know Kevin is staying with Luke and I now. I know that I haven't had a proper chance to talk to Luke about it but I know Luke cares about Kevin as Kevin cares for him. I see it slowly building. Building something that Luke and mum use to have. I think Luke wants Kevin to get to know me too. I'm scared about it all but at the same time I think maybe I could come to care for Kevin if Luke can then I know I can too. Kevin seems like a really nice man and he has taken the time to get to know Luke and care for him. Anyone that cares for Luke is good in my books.

I'm still learning so much...this is all new and confusing too me but its probably harder for Luke. I need to talk to him and I will but for now I'm concentrating on Mark.

Luke's POV

I woke to the sound of shouting. I jolt awake which makes Rue wake up too. "Luke are you okey?" he asks.

Suddenly shouting rips through the house. That is Daniel's voice. "Stay here," I begin but my bedroom door slams open. Rue grips onto my arm tightly.

"Luke," says Kevin looking out of breath.

"What is going on?" I ask him as I get out the bed Rue staying close beside me.