Chapter Fifty Nine: Can I have a word Rem?

Luke's POV

I slowly opened my eyes to find myself laying on what looks like a half destroyed blanket. I moved ever so slightly to find my hands tied together and chained up to half broken stair case. My top had been taken off and a fresh bandage had been applied to my side. 

I sigh...I couldn't stop him helping me because I had passed out. I have to be slightly grateful for the fact that I do get to live another day maybe but maybe a small part of me wanted too. After four years of it all maybe I had already had enough and wanted to die. 

"Your awake...I have some food for you. You need to eat to recover," says Rem as he comes forward and puts the plate in front of me. He undid one of my hands but kept the other tied to the staircase. 

I took the plate of bread and crisps from him but didn't say anything to him. I ate some of the bread and it felt good. It felt like it had been ages since I had last ate. 

"You lost a lot of blood, your lucky to be alive," he informed me. 

"Bet that makes you happy," I say harshly. 

"Aren't you?" 

I shrug my shoulders and carry on eating my food he had given to me. 

"I managed to escape because of you, Luke."

I suddenly stopped eating and look at him, "What?" 

"A future you...helped me. And I need to find something. Something that will help you in the future. I am in debt to you, future you."

This has suddenly got a lot more complicated. "Why would  I help you?" I ask confused. 

"I wish I knew. Future you was only clear on one thing and he did warn me his past him as in you wouldn't come round easily to me since yes I killed your mum."

Pain irrupted from my side and I hiss in pain. Rem rushed forward to notice the bandage was already half soaked up in blood. "I can't stop the bleeding," says Rem  looking really concerned.

 "What do you expect? Its an axe wound, a big one at that. I have had some pretty bad wounds...but this is the worst or at least feels like," I tell him the truth. 

"I'm sorry Luke...but you know you won't die here," says Rem. 

"Nothing is set in stone. I could still die," I tell him. 

"But then how would I have escaped?" 

"I don't know. Time travel is complicated. Get some fresh bandages if you can and something to make sure to keep it clean and so it don't get infected," I tell him. 

He nods before he leaves in search of what I have asked for. I closed my eyes and it didn't take long before I fell asleep letting all my worries disappear once more. 

Sanjay's POV

I saw Luke on the ground bleeding out, panic gripped me as I tried to get to him but every time I went towards him he seemed to get further away until he was completely gone. 

"Luke!" I shout his name. 

I suddenly found myself waking up to find Sky sitting in a chair next to the bed. Luke's bed that I am currently laying in. 

"Your awake," says Sky slowly. 

"What happened?" 

"Do not you remember?" she asked me puzzled. 

I look at Sky for a few moments before I replied. "I do...but most of its a bit of blur.  Wait Luke," I begin. 

"He isn't here. The Doctor is here and it seems that maybe Rem is currently wondering around too. We don't know if Luke is still with the man that Emily and Clyde mentioned or somewhere completely different. I'm worried Sanjay...Luke's been in danger before and I mean he was gone longer with the Doctor that time when it wasn't meant to be that long and I know you guys have been in some tight situations loads of times but," she paused looking at me before she continued, "But this feels different."