Chapter Fifty Six: Better luck next time!

Luke's POV

I walk slowly down the street covered in mostly darkness it being about one am. I hold something tight in my hand but I slowly turn knowing full well Sanjay and Clyde are following behind me.

"I guess no one will ever know what going alone means within our team?" I half ask half smile about it.

"Can't let you go alone," Clyde says.

"Plus your dad sort of made us too. We told him to stay behind to keep an eye on Sky," smiles Sanjay.

"I guess I might need help." I say in a whisper.

"You guess?" smiles Clyde only joking with me so I smile back at him.

"This is going to be dangerous," I suddenly say to them both.

"When isn't it?" Sanjay says to me.

I nod my head, "That is true."

"So what is the plan?" asked Clyde. 

"They knew about me, Sky even though there mission or target was Paul. They seem to know a lot. I don't think they took Paul, they couldn't of done as they were with me and sky," I say as we continue to walk. 

"How do we find Paul?" asked Sanjay. 

"I've been so full on with so much going on at late...but I think I know where they took him," I say slowly as I stop a few metres from an alleyway. 

"You best do. I need to know my brother is safe," says a voice from behind us. 

"We will save him, Emily" I say looking at her out the corner of my eye. 

"You knew I was following?" she asks me puzzled. 

"I guessed you might of been keeping an eye on things. Your brother being here on earth and not home with you," I said to her softly. 

"So what we doing in the early hours of this morning and just standing near an alley?" asked Emily straight to the point, just like her brother. 

"I made sure I was right, that Mr Smith made sure I was right. The alley isn't just an alley. Its a portal you could say, one that was only set up two nights ago. This will take us to where they have taken Paul," I finish. 

"And what is that in your hand?" asks Clyde. 

I look at what is my hand before I look directly at Clyde. "The distraction," I tell him as I run full belt into the alley, a blinding light hit my eyes as the alley disappeared replaced with walls, metal. 

I chuck the device in my hand up in the air and that is when everything seem to all jell together. I had to concentrate to find the door to the room and slipped out into the corridor. 

I'm sorry guys...I have to do this alone or at least try to. I had no doubt they wouldn't be too far behind me. I make my way through the corridor, looking frantically, trying to focus on some sort of sign to where Paul could be. 

I soon regretted that decision. No more then five minutes later. I found a door at the far end of the corridor only to find it locked. I turn to carry on my search but I was no longer alone down the corridor. 

"It really isn't everyday someone walks on in here, certainly wouldn't find the place its well covered and yet I also didn't think a high target, with a good price would walk on in here. So I guess first thing I wish to ask is this. Ready for some fun Luke Smith!" smiled the young man standing in front of me as he pulls something from his belt. 

My instincts kicked it rather quickly disarming the gun from the young man in front of me before even got a chance to use it. "I don't agree with using guns," I say to him firmly.

"Ah you are pretty quick I give you that," he said quietly. 

"Luke," I hear Lenny say my name. 

I turn sharply blocking an incoming attach stopping the gun in the young girls hand hitting me on the head before  I twist her wrist and disarming her. No way am I going down that quickly or that easily. But yet my instincts had never been as better then it is right now.  I am glad whatever it is, as its saving me from getting hurt for once. 

"How did he do that," says the girl shocked. 

"You two will take me to Paul...right now!" I demand. 

They look at each other completely ignoring me for a good few seconds. "No," finally the boy said smirking. 

"I suggest you give us back our guns," says the girl quite aggressively now. 

"I do not think I will do that," I say firmly. 

I felt something coming and I put up a good fight,  I stopped the first three more young men that came out of nowhere but the fourth I wasn't so lucky.

He caught my foot which made me lose my balance hitting the cold hard floor. That's when  the first boy who had tried to shoot me pounced on me. Forcing something around my hands which felt like some sort of handcuffs. 

"Not good," said Lenny. 

"I know," I sigh feeling slightly put out that I had put them off for so long until that point 

"Got you," sneered the young man as he got to his feet pulling me up onto my feet with him. 

I didn't respond, I kept completely silent. 

"Only thanks to me and my men. It looks like I will be take this price," smirked the boy who had got me to the floor. 

"Ah...makes sense, " I whispered. The young man who had be handcuffed pushed me into the wall. 

"What you whispering about," he sneered. 

I look at him but continue to stay silent. 

"Lets go collect our price lads," as he grabs me pushing the other young man aside. "I stopped him fair and square. Better luck next time!" 

//////

Needs editing