Chapter Thirty Two: It will be okey!

Luke's POV

I find myself sitting on the computer in the attic. Kevin is standing over me. "So its quiet when no one is around," says Kevin.

"Not for much longer. I mean school is nearly over for six weeks. Sky be around and Daniel. Even Clyde and Rani because come September they be off to University. Sanjay and Jay be back in a couple weeks properly until end of September too," I tell him.

"That is true. Does it ever get lonely? I mean it was just you during the day hasn't it since you came back home," he says.

"Yeah it was. I mean I haven't really had the time to feel that lonely. I always had something to do one way or the other. Something always seemed to come up," I explain to him.

He nods, "Its been rough since your mum died?"

I nod back, "Yeah I have had to deal with a lot of things. Revenge from a lot of past aliens but Sky, Rani, Clyde, Daniel, Sanjay, Jay and the Doctor has helped me through them all," I smile.

"Luke I am hungry, " says Rue coming into the room. To anyone else right now Rue looks like a twelve year old kid but we know otherwise.

I smile at him, "I'll make us some lunch," I say getting up off the chair after making sure to save my work.

"So a journalist just like your mum? Sky told me."

"Yeah I guess. I don't know if its something I will do my whole life but I'm happy right now with it. When I find the time to actually get to writing an article," I smile as we leave the attic and head down the stairs Rue at our heels.

"Should I get a job?" Kevin suddenly asks.

"That is up to you. I mean I can provide for us. The job pays enough I believe but it depends what you want from Earth. What you want with your life," I say as we head into the kitchen.

"I want to watch you grow up into an incredible young man," he says to me.

I open the fridge and get out ham and butter. "I really appreciate you caring for me. I really do but I think you need to think about yourself as well. What you want to do with your life apart from watching me grow up. I mean I'm almost Eighteen," I say to him.

"Luke I care about you. Is it a crime to just want what is best for you? I mean maybe you are nearly physically eighteen in body but your only four realistically. You have had to grow up so fast and deal with so much and lose your mum so quickly. Maybe I will get a job but my main priority is you. I know this probably is still freaking you out at how much I do care about you," says Kevin.

"It does a little but it also feels nice. Maybe I am growing up but maybe you are also right. Sky needs someone stable in her life. I hope you can come to care for her as much as me because I really think she needs that after mum. Maybe we both need to stop being scared to open up once more. I do care about you too Kevin and I'm glad we can give this a real go. Glad that you are joining our family and our team. I don't know if mum would be proud of what I have done or who I have brought in to save the world," I say to him.

"She would be proud. I know she would because I am. Luke Smith none of us could ask for a better person to lead us in the fight against aliens and protecting earth. I think everyone would agree with me."

I start to make the sandwiches as I continue to talk, "I don't ask for recognition. I do it because its what mum has always done and she loved me and took me in and gave me a life. I would be no one with out her. With mum gone I knew I had to try continue on her legacy and protect Earth. Protect our home!"