Chapter Forty Four: Aliens sometimes feel worse

Luke's POV

Mrs  Wormwood was quick to turn the Camera off when I some how managed to get to my feet to face her. I reckon everyone who had been watching would of caught me getting up but she had cut it off after that. Never mind. This is between Mrs Wormwood and I. Not the whole world.

"Impossible," she whispers finally finding words to say.

I look at her feeling slightly bad for her. Even after all she has done and continues to do I can't find it in myself to hate her.

"I will never give up fighting Mrs Wormwood. You are a threat to earth and its my responsibility to stop you. I really wish this could of gone a better way but you clearly will always want this life and I will want mine. Look I don't want to hurt you. Why do you want to hurt me?"

She glares at me, "Because if I can't have you as my son no one can!" she shouts.

"What is it with aliens and jealousy? I don't think I'll ever understand," I whisper as my body irrupts with pain and I cling to the only thing near by the wall of the apartment building that Mrs Wormwood has been hiding out in.

"Luke," she whispers.

I look up at her, "What?"

"I'm sorry," she says as I feel my eyes failing me and soon what once was Mrs Wormwood and an apartment building became the corridor at my school with all the red doors but dark and gloomy like before.

Not this again...

"Luke my brave boy," whispers my mum. I turn around to find her standing there smiling right at me.

"You can't be real?  I mean I saw you die...how can you be here?" I ask.

"The world is a strange place. Whether I'm really here or not Luke you must listen to me."

"I'm listening," I whisper back.

She smiles, "I'm so proud of you Luke. I know I always say that but I am. You can't let Mrs  Wormwood do this..."

"How can I stop her? How can I stop myself dying? I'm dying..aren't I," I whisper.

She nods, "Slowly. But you can do something Luke. You always have."

"What? I couldn't stop the Rakweed. How could I possibly stop this?"

"Oh Luke use that brain of yours. Think," she whispers.

I look at her for a moment, "This corridor...you said don't be scared of it. Use it right?"

"I did."

"What could that possibly mean?"

"Come on Luke," she says quickly.

"I'm in the different Dimension? But how can that help?"

"You have control of it now, Luke. Don't you see? You really don't realize how powerful your mind is do you?"

I shake my head, "I don't know. So much has happened or continues to happen. I can't make sense of everything. How can my mind be that powerful?"

"For a start no one can use telekinetic energy like you can Luke. No one would stand a chance. Your growing Luke in power and in heart. Your so special," she whispers.

"Me being special is what ends me up in trouble or nearly dying," I try tell her.

"I know Luke but I knew the risks when I started doing this and I knew the risks when I let you, Clyde, Maria and Rani be apart of it all. I know I didn't give you much of a choice but it always seemed you wouldn't of wanted it any other way," she says to me.