I still love you

Takes place the night Alison visited Emily in her room while she was on the run😩💗

Emily's pov
I was trying to fall asleep but for some reason I couldn't, I'm so tired but for some reason I just can't seem to fall asleep. I heard my window open and my heart started racing as I turned on my lamp and saw a familiar blonde. "A-Ali?" I asked as she came over to the edge of my bed. "Hi Em." She said lightly as I sat up, "B-but y-you're-" I started as she cut me off, "Dead?" She asked as I nodded. "I'm sorry I had to see you." She said as I furrowed my eyebrows, "M-me?" I asked as she nodded. "You." She said simply as she sat down. "You have no idea how much I've missed you." She started as I stared at her. So many thoughts are running through my head, not to mention my hearts still racing. "Did you miss me?" She asked curiously as I stared at her carefully. "Of course I did." I answered slowly. "I know I shouldn't be here but I was passing by and something just came over me." She said as I furrowed my eyebrows. "Ali everyone thinks you're dead." I said as she got in bed next to me and got under the covers. "I know." She said bluntly, "Thats what they're supposed to think." She said again. "But why?" I asked confused. "Because it's not safe for me, you know what could happen if someone even found out I was here right now?" She asked facing me. "We could help you, you know? We could keep you safe." I said as she smiled at me, "Do you still love me Em?" She asked as my mouth got dry, "Cause I still love you. A lot." She said as I my heart started racing again. "I think about you everyday." She said moving a strand of hair out of my face. "I think about your laugh, your smile, even the way you cried. All of it." She added as she stared at me, "It feels like a dream being here right now, being so close to you. If I could go back everything would be so different, it's to bad I can't huh?" She asked chuckling bitterly. "I was horrible to you, and the girls. I was horrible to everyone who cared about me and I'm getting everything I've deserve for it." She said as i frowned at her, "I don't know everything you've been through because you haven't told me yet, but no one deserves not being able to be with their family and friends." I said as she smiled at me, "That's why I love you Em, you always know what to say to make me happy." She said as I smiled lightly at her. "There it is." She said as I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?" I asked confused, "You're smile. I didn't think I'd see it tonight in all honesty." She said as I smiled again. "Ali come home." I said again as she looked down, "Em you know I can't." She said as i looked at her, "Well why not?" I asked, "I get it's not safe yet but it's not safe for any of us Ali, and you don't see us running." I said as she sat up. "Don't you get it Em? I'm not brave like you or the others. I run when I see danger, I run when something gets hard. Just like being horrible, I'm good at it." She said as I sat up too, "No Ali, you don't get it. You are brave, you're very very brave, and strong. Because somehow you're dealing with being alone every night, and even I'm not brave enough for that. I'm not brave enough to do it alone, don't you get it? Going through it alone is a lot scarier then having others to go through it with you." I said as she looked at her lap. "The more you're alone is the more chance "A" might find you and no one would even know Ali." I said again as she started tearing up. "Ali you said it's hard to stay away right?" I asked as she looked up at me with her eyes full of tears, "From you not from this town Emily." She said taking me by surprise. "W-what?" I asked, "Its hard to stay away from you, not from anyone else." She said as i stared at her for awhile. "You broke my heart Ali." I said as she looked at me. "You destroyed me." I added, "I-I know I broke your heart back in the locker room Em but I didn't mean any of it." She tried to explain. "Ali I'm not talking about the locker room, yes that hurt me like hell but you died Ali, I thought I was never gonna get to see you again, that's what broke my heart. What destroyed me was every time I saw your picture and it took everything I had in me not to cry." I said as I started tearing up. "Emily I am here for you, I am here risking my life for you. Yes I broke your heart and I am so sorry, there are literally no English words to define how sorry I am. But I don't think you understand, you got to move on Em, you got to give your heart to someone else. While I couldn't, I spend every day thinking about you and scenarios on what could've happened if I wasn't so, so, me! If I wasn't the most terrible person on earth. You got to give your heart to someone else while you still have mine." She said as tears fell from her beautiful blue eyes and my heart broke. Even after everything she's put me through I still love her and want nothing more then to hold her tightly in my arms. "Yes." I said as she furrowed her eyebrows while she cried, "Y-yes?" She asked confused. "Yes I still love you Ali, you asked me earlier and the answer is yes." I said as she stared at me, "And for your information I didn't move on Ali, I never did. I couldn't, for some reason even when I got into a relationship or met someone I couldn't give them my heart. And now I know why." I said as she looked at me, "Why?" She asked curiously, "Because you've always had mine."