Everything i should've done

Ali thinks about what she would do if she got a chance to do it over with Emily and the girls😩💗 takes place while Ali's on the run

Ali's pov
I was sitting in a dark room of the building I was currently hiding in, I was waiting to meet Noel so he could fill me in on everything I'm missing and bring me food. I looked over at a picture of me and Emily, it's more then two years old now. I remember it exactly, we were swimming which was her favorite thing to do. Then Spencer snapped that picture. That day was one of the best days of my life, none of us fought, Emily and I kissed later on that night for the second time, and I wasn't rude at all to any of the girls. Sometimes I wish I was like that everyday, maybe I wouldn't be in this situation if I was. God I miss Emily so much, I wish I could've said goodbye. "Hey Ali." My thoughts were interrupted by Noel walking in as he tossed me my bag of food. "Hey Noel." I said smiling at my best friend. "She was at the brew working today." He said speaking of Emily as I smiled sadly, "She had her hair up in a messy bun with two strands falling off the sides." He said as I smiled widely at the thought of her. He sat down and we ate, "Hey if you could go back and do it right with Emily, what would you do differently?" He asked curiously. Noel has known about my crush on Emily since I went on the run. I looked down at the floor and thought for a moment, "Well everything to be honest." I said simply as he rolled his eyes, "I mean specifically." He said as I furrowed my eyebrows. "I guess I would start by not rejecting her in the locker room that day. I would tell her exactly what I felt, even though I'm so bad at expressing myself, but for her I'd try. Then I would let her know that she's beautiful every day, even when she thinks she looks like trash. I would tell her that my favorite thing about her is when she talks about swimming, because she gets so passionate, and the way her eyes lit up is just the cutest thing." I said smiling widely just imagining everything I said, I looked at Noel who was looking at me and smiling as I went on, "I would tell her that she's always beautiful but I think she looks especially beautiful when she's confused or frustrated, because she gets that little crease in between her eyebrows and it's so cute. I would let her know that when she smiled my entire mood can go from cranky as fuck to the happiest girl alive in 0.5 seconds. I would grab her face gently and kiss her passionately, just because I could. Then I would take her on dates every Thursday since those were the only nights she didn't have swim practice. I'd go to every single one of her swim meets and I'd let the world know that Emily fields is mine." I said lightly as I smiled sadly and Noel looked at me sympathetically. "I guess I'd just change a lot." I said not wanting to go into detail anymore knowing I might cry at any moment. "I know you love her but I had no idea you love her this much." He said smiling lightly at me as I sniffled and held back tears. "Yeah she's pretty important to me." I said smiling sadly. "What about the other girls? You know Hanna, Spencer, and Aria?" He asked as I smiled, "I love them so much. I just never thought I would regret not showing it." I said sadly. "Well what would you do if you got another chance with Hanna?" He asked as I looked down and smiled at the sound of Hanna's name. "God I would change everything. I would go shopping with her all the time, and let her know despite what I said before she's beautiful. And I would tell her the truth, I was envious, I was envious of how perfect she was. Now I just wish I appreciated how perfect she was. I would here her go on and on about how cute Emily and I are together, or how much she loves shopping, I think she loved it a little more then I did. We'd go to the mall and I'd get to know her instead of using how much she used to weigh against her. I guess I would just be a good friend." I said sadly smiling as he smiled at me sadly, "What about Spencer?" He asked curiously as I smiled. "Now Spence and I never got along, we had our days but she was just not intimidated by me. In fact, I think it was the other way around. But beside the point, I'd remind her to never ever change who she is. Weather it's Nancy drew or "I love older boys", I would've never threatened her with that "Ian" thing. I'd let her know she's really important to me, no matter how much we argued. I'd appreciate her way more, and I'd give her a chance, a chance for her to get to know the real me, and a chance for me to know the real her. I would be more supportive, and less harsh. I guess I'd just be kinder to her and let her know I love her just as much as I love the others." I said smiling at the sound of what I just said. It's so bittersweet thinking if these things. I looked at Noel who was staring at me sadly, and I smiled at him in a reassurance. "Aria?" He asked as I smiled at the sound of my short girls name. "Aria, now Aria I would change a lot. I guess I would start by actually being there for her when we caught her dad cheating. I would've been supportive of whatever she chose, weather it was to tell her mom or keep it from her. I would do stuff she would like to do instead of doing what I only wanted. We'd take a stupid art class she'd talk us all into taking, Hanna would be complaining the entire time, Spencer would be sharing some smart facts about art, Emily would make the best out of it, and I'd be thankful I was there with my girls."
I said as I let a couple tears fall. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, I would change so much if I could. If i could go back everything would be so different." I said as I wiped away the tears. "I'm so sorry Ali. I wish it didn't hurt you this much." He said sadly as I smiled lightly at my best friend, "Its my fault Noel, I was mean, I didn't appreciate the great things I had. I know you think people over exaggerate when they say "appreciate what you got" but they're not. They couldn't be more right, because one night you could be having a slumber party with your girls and the next you're on the run and never seeing them again. So many things unsaid, no goodbyes, nothing said, just gone."