Mistakes

Takes place season 5 when Emily's supposed to "distract" Ali while the girls are at radley 💗 changing up a lot

No one's pov
Ali walked into the bedroom of Emily fields and took a breath, "Hey." The blonde said as Emily jumped. "Oh hi." Emily said and Ali could tell by the tone of her voice she was nervous. "I practically saw the hairs on the back of your neck rise." Ali said in a low voice, "You just startled me that's all." Emily said and the two stood in an awkward silence.

"Look Ali I don't like things being like this between us." Emily said, Ali could tell Emily was up to something but the blonde had no energy in her to argue anymore. "Yeah me neither." Ali said uncertainly, "Emily honey! Can you come help me with the groceries?!" Pam asked from downstairs as Emily gave Ali a look. "I'll be right back." Emily said as Ali nodded.

Emily's phone went off and Ali walked over to it, she saw it was a text from Hanna, "Are you still keeping "A" busy?" She whisper read the text to herself. Ali felt her heart clench. "How could the girls think I'm "A"?" She thought to herself as she felt tears burn in the rim of her eyes but quickly blinked them away when she heard Emily coming up the stairs.

"You got a text from Hanna." Ali said not facing Emily, "Are you still keeping "A" busy?" Ali asked as Emily stayed silent. "Cause I'm "A" right?" Ali asked finally turning around to face the brunette, "I don't know, are you?" Emily asked as Ali looked down. "Nice work Em, you put on a very convincing show." Ali stated trying not to let her emotions get the best of her. Truth be told Ali still had feelings for Emily, and she hated to admit that the fact that Emily thought she was a monster made her wanna cry.

"Must hurt when the loyal one betrays you." Emily said trying to keep her voice strong as Ali gave her a look, "The loyal one?" Ali asked, "What are you talking about?" She asked as Emily stared at her. "I'm the one who never betrays you, always doing as I'm told. Must hurt right?" Emily asked as Ali looked up at the brunette, "No, it doesn't hurt because you're the "loyal" one. It hurts because for just a second I believed you were my only one." Ali said quietly as she attempted to walk away but Emily grabbed her wrist.

"What are you talking about?" Emily asked still holding Ali's wrist yet not looking at her. "You're guys little plan already worked Emily, no need to keep me here longer than you have to." Ali said as she tried to walk away but Emily's grip tightened, "What do you mean you thought I was your only one?" Emily asked desperate to get an answer out of the blonde.

"Let go of me." Ali said trying to get out of Emily's grip, "Not until you give me some answers Alison! God why is it so hard for you to tell the truth?!" Emily asked as Ali scoffed. "Me? I have been telling you the truth, sorry I identified the guy who stabbed me Emily, but you don't know what it feels like to have everyone staring at you waiting for an answer. "Ali is that him?" "Ali answer me" "we don't have all day"." Ali said quoting what Tanner and her father had been saying to her, "I just wanted to get out of there and what makes it worse is you weren't there Emily! I was all alone, but that's normal right? Because I'm a monster." Ali said bitterly as Emily kept a hold of Ali's wrist but said nothing.

"Now you come up with this stupid idea that I'm "A"?" Ali asked, her voice cracking finally letting her emotions take over. "How could you think that? Am I really that awful?" Ali asked in a broken voice yet tried to sound strong, "Do you really hate me that much?" Ali asked quietly as Emily finally let her go.

Ali scoffed as tears started swelling up in her eyes, "I guess you do." Ali whispered as she started to walk out. "Wait." Emily said in a low voice as Ali stopped walking, yet kept her back towards Emily. "I'm sorry I don't- I don't know what I was thinking." Emily said her voice cracking as she faced the girl she's been in love with for years. "It's was just so much easier to think of you as a monster than to admit to myself that I still love you." Emily added in a broken voice as Ali kept her back towards the brunette.

"Why would you? Admit that you love me I mean- you were right, I am a monster. I might not be "A" but I'm still just as awful." Ali said as she laughed bitterly, "I don't think of you as a monster Ali, it's just hard to trust you sometimes." Emily admitted as ali finally turned around to face the brunette. "I really am trying Emily." Ali said looking down, "Then tell me the truth Ali." Emily said as Ali looked up. "What do you wanna know?" The blonde asked uncertainly.

"I was the hardest one to leave behind. True or false?" Emily asked as Ali stared at her, "True." Ali answered truthfully. "Before you left you threatened Paige to stay away from me, why?" Emily asked carefully, "I was- I was jealous." Ali answered truthfully causing Emily's eyes to go wide. "Our kisses weren't just for practice. True or false?" Emily asked, "True." Ali answered again truthfully causing Emily to sigh in relief. "Why'd you reject me that day in the locker room?" Emily asked the question she's been wanting an answer to for years, "I was afraid," Ali started as she took a shaky breath.

"Afraid of you, and of what others would've thought; but mainly of you. You made me feel things I had never felt before, you were- you were different. Different from the girls, different from everyone. You drove me insane, honestly you had no idea how much control you had over me; how much control you still have over me. I didn't want to fall in love, especially while I was still getting those threats from "A", I uh, I didn't want anything happening to you. So I tried so hard to convince myself that our kisses didn't mean anything. It wasn't until I was on the run that I realized I was in love with you." Ali admitted as Emily stood there stunned, the blonde left her speechless. It was definitely not the answer she was excepting, especially since Ali was never one to be so sappy.

"So you- you did love me." Emily whispered as Ali looked up at her, "I've always loved you Emily. You're the only one that's ever stood by my side, you're the only who's never gave up on me." Ali stated quietly as Emily stared at the blonde. "That's what you meant when you said you that I was your only one." Emily said in realization as Ali merely nodded, "Oh my god, Ali I'm so sorry." Emily said tears burning in the rim of her eyes. "Please don't apologize I kind of deserved it." Ali said looking down as Emily walked over to her,

"No you didn't. I never gave you a chance to explain why you identified Cyrus, I just kept jumping to conclusion after conclusion. I-I, I'm so sorry Ali." Emily said as Ali stared at her. "I'm sorry too, for everything." Ali said quietly as Emily stared at the blonde, "I have one more question." Emily said as Ali looked up at her. "Anything." Ali said, "You're in love with me. True or false?" Emily asked as Ali stared at her. "True." Ali said as Emily stared back at the blonde. "You're in love with me too. True or false Emily?" Ali asked as Emily stared deeply into Ali's eyes,

"True."