It'll get better

Takes place when Hanna helps Ali runaway. Switching up a lot. Because halison friendship is my fave

No ones pov

"I need to go." Ali mumbled and Hanna stared at her, "W-What?" Hanna asked. "I need to go, I need to leave." Ali said and Hanna stared at her for awhile, "Being here- it's not right Hanna. You and I both know things would be better if I were gone again." Ali said and Hanna looked down.

"Alison whatever it is we'll fix it." Hanna said quietly and Ali looked at her in shock. "Hanna we can't fix it! We can't fix it while I'm here. If I leave- go somewhere far away, "A" will follow me. They'll leave you guys alone." Ali said and Hanna looked up at the blonde shocked.

"Ali you can't leave. Things- they're hard right now but you couldn't have possibly expected things to have gone smoothly right away." Hanna said trying to talk the blonde out of her idea. "Hanna you hate me here, Spencer hates me here, Aria is fucked up because of another situation I put you all in! And Emily's broken-hearted all over again." Ali said and Hanna sighed frustratedly.

"That doesn't mean you leave Alison! That means we stick together- and fix it together. You don't abandon people because shits fucked up." Hanna said and Ali sighed sitting on the bed.

"You're right- you're so right. I-I can't believe I was gonna leave again. I'm sorry." Ali said staring at the floor. Hanna sighed and sat next to the blonde. "We all have those days Ali." Hanna mumbled and Ali stared at her in a bit of shock. "That's the first time she's called me Ali since I've been back." Ali thought.

"It seems like lately those days are all I've been having." Ali admitted and Hanna looked down. "Maybe you'd feel better if you actually talked about it- you can't just shut everyone out and handle the baggage on your own Ali. It's okay to let someone in." Hanna said softly staring at the blonde but Ali kept her eyes glued to the floor.

"I don't have anyone to let in Han." Ali said quietly, Hanna then sighed quietly and grabbed Ali's hand. "You have me." Hanna said softly, "And I know I haven't been the greatest friend lately, but I'm here, and you can tell me anything." Hanna said softly and Ali finally looked at her.

"I didn't want things to back to the way they were." Ali muttered quietly, "I wanted to have a fresh start, I wanted you guys to get to know the new me, and I wanted to know the real you." Ali said lightly. "And I thought that when Shana revealed she was "A" and Aria k-killed her that it would finally be over. Believe me when I say I wish we could've gotten out of that situation differently." Ali admitted and Hanna glanced down then back up at Ali.

"Me too." Hanna said quietly. "But then we found out Shana wasn't "A" and once I came back they were more active than ever. I couldn't help but feel like this is all my fault." Ali admitted and Hanna sighed.

"It's not- your fault I mean, it's not." Hanna said quietly and Ali looked down. "Then I came back to find out my mother was dead, and I- it hurts. Even if she did bury me alive and stuff, she's still my mom." Ali said quietly. "My Dad can't even look me in the eye, Jason is weirder than ever- and I didn't expect it to be perfect when I came home, but I didn't expect it to be like this." Ali explained and Hanna looked down.

"I get it Ali, but if you haven't noticed things don't always go that well for us." Hanna pointed out jokingly earning a light chuckle from the blonde. "Tell me about it." Ali said and she sighed again.

"Then Emily's being her naturally caring self, and it makes me feel horrible. It's just- I know I hurt her the most, and there's not a day that goes by where I don't regret it. I love her, but I can't do anything about it." Ali said softly and Hanna furrowed her eyebrows.

"Wait a second, you have actual feelings for Emily?" Hanna asked shocked, "I always have. I-I know it sounds silly but Emily was my first love, she was the first person who I've ever felt anything for in that way. I know I messed up- a countless amount of times- but that doesn't mean I don't love her. I tend to hurt the people I love the most- I hurt them and I don't know why. But Emily, she's different- she makes me happy, she cares about me and I care about her, more than anything else in this world. But I can't be with her." Ali said the last part quietly causing Hanna to furrow her eyebrows.

"Well why not?" Hanna asked and Ali looked up at her shocked, "If you love someone you should be with them. Even if you've messed up Ali, we all have. Nobody's perfect, I've messed up, Spencer's messed up- even if she doesn't like to admit it- Aria's messed up, and Emily's messed up. It's a part of life." Hanna said simply and Ali sighed.

"I know. That's not the reason why." Ali said quietly and Hanna stared at her, signaling for her to go on. "I somehow manage to destroy everything I touch. I'm like a ticking time bomb, but I don't hurt myself in the process of blowing up, I hurt everyone around me. Emily she deserves, the world. She deserves something genuine- something gentle. Being with me would be so complicated, and draining. She deserves everything I can't give her." Ali said softly smiling sadly at the blonde.

Hanna was at a loss for words, she realized Ali had changed and it was stupid of her to not have giving her a chance sooner. Hanna soon realized Ali was crying, letting tears fall from her ocean blue eyes.

"Hey, hey look at me." Hanna said and Ali hesitantly looked up at Hanna. "You're amazing Ali. You may not see it- you may never see it, but Emily loves you. She loves you for who you are and nothing less. Even after everything you've done she loves you." Hanna  said sternly and Ali looked down again.

Hanna wiped the tears away from Ali's face and sighed, "Maybe she'll never understand how important she really is to us." Hanna thought as she wrapped her arms around Ali. Ali then started sobbing into Hanna's chest, and Hanna stroked the blondes hair softly.

"Ssh, don't cry Ali. It'll get better, I promise." Hanna said softly.