Following Ali

A/n: Takes place season 5, AU because Ali never identified Cyrus, but Hanna's still skeptical about her.

-

No ones pov

There was no doubt in Hanna's mind that Alison was hiding something. She could sense that the blonde wasn't telling her everything. She knew because whenever she was around the blonde and the other girls; Alison was always nervous for some reason. It was as if she were on edge, trying her best not to seem nervous. But Hanna could tell.

Which is exactly why Hanna decided to follow Alison around all day. She started by driving behind the blonde as she went on a morning run with Emily. Which of course confused Hanna, because everyone know Alison hates running; Hanna then snorted because it was kind of ironic.

Then she followed Alison around as her and Emily snuck into the schools pool, and did like a million laps. Hanna wasn't really keeping track, but she knew it was a lot. This confused Hanna even more, because Alison hated swimming. The only time she actually liked the water, was when she was at the lake.

She also followed Alison around while she helped Emily out at the brew, because the new girl didn't show up. Which only confused Hanna again, because Alison hates working with people. If anything Alison just hates peoples in general, yet she was helping Emily at the brew, dealing with a bunch of people, for free?

By the time Alison was walking back home, Hanna was beyond confused. Everything that Alison had done today, was nothing like what Alison normally liked to do. Hanna knew the blonde had claimed that she was a changed person, but even if that were true; Alison still liked to shop, party, and watch tv. Which Hanna understood, because come on, she's only human.

But today, was just plain weird to Hanna. Because Alison did everything, only an Alison in a parallel universe would do. Hanna also thought it was kind of weird how Emily and Alison were spending so much time together, when just last month Emily was going through a rail of emotions due to the blonde.

"RING. RING. RING."

Hanna's phone rang loudly, pulling her out of her thoughts. She was driving, so she quickly glanced down and saw it was Alison. She looked up and saw the blonde had her phone to her ear, and her back turned to Hanna's car. Hanna figured Alison might've just been calling to see why she hasn't answered her phone all day.

"Hello?" Hanna asked as she answered the phone. "Hey Han." Alison said in a sweet voice, "What's up Alison?" Hanna asked, still staring at Alison's back from where she was parked. "I was wondering if you could give me a ride, you know, since you've been following me around all day." Alison said, starting to sound a bit more mad, and Hanna gulped as Alison turned around to face Hanna.

All Hanna did was wave innocently at Alison, causing the blonde to roll her eyes as she walked over to Hanna's car, and got in. "Hey." Hanna said nervously, "Hey." Alison said bluntly. They drove in silence for awhile, neither of them saying anything. The silence made Hanna nervous, she wondered if the blonde was mad at her. But then again, who wouldn't be.

"I'm sorry." Hanna said and Alison sighed, "It's fine." Alison said bluntly and Hanna sighed. "It's not, I shouldn't have been following you around-" Hanna started but Alison cut her off, "Hanna it's fine. In all honesty, I understand." Alison said and Hanna only nodded.

As they reached Alison house Hanna parked. Alison tried to get out of the car, but Hanna stopped her. "Ali, wait." Hanna said and Alison furrowed her eyebrows as she sat there and stared at the blonde. "Did you do all those things, because you knew I was following you?" Hanna asked and Alison sighed. "No, Hanna. I didn't even know you were following me till I was walking home." The blonde admitted and Hanna only nodded.

"Then why?" Hanna asked, "Why did you do all of those nice things today?" Hanna asked again and Alison only shrugged. "Because I was spending time with Emily." Alison said bluntly and Hanna furrowed her eyebrows, "So you only did them because Emily asked you to?" She asked and Alison shook her head.

"Emily didn't ask me to do anything, I offered." Alison said and Hanna sighed frustratedly, "But why?" Hanna asked, and Alison became slightly annoyed. "Because I like spending time with her Hanna." Alison snapped, taking the blonde by surprise.

"So you did it because you like spending time with Em? Not for any other reason?" Hanna asked and Alison only sighed. "Believe it or not, being on the run for two years, really makes you forget about how people truly are. So I'm trying to get know the new Emily the best I can, and I want her to get to know me, the real me." Alison explained and Hanna only stared at her steering wheel.

"I'm only going to say this because I love Emily, and she's my best friend, okay?" Hanna said and Alison only stared at her. "Emily still loves you, and honestly I don't know how you feel, or how ever felt; but, she loves you. And Emily's the only person who's willing to look past everything you've ever done. For some reason she likes to believe that the people who hurt her, didn't mean to hurt her." Hanna said and Alison only looked down.

"She's the sweetest person ever, she's the type of person that can even make someone with your past, good. She loves, and loves, and loves, until she can't love anymore. And for some reason, you're the one. You're that big love that makes her heart race, and you make her happy. And when you came back, she was the happiest person ever." Hanna said, causing Alison to look up at her.

"So Ali, I'm gonna give you a piece of advice, and you're gonna take it if you know what's good for you." Hanna said, in a threatening voice, causing Alison to feel a bit intimidated. "You need to get your feelings together, and just tell Emily how you feel." Hanna said, taking Alison by surprise.

"Because I've never seen you act that way before, and Emily, she seems to have this effect on you. She seems to make you wanna be a better person, and I didn't realize before, but maybe around her, you are a better person. I've never said this, to anyone, but you need her, Ali." Hanna said, and Alison was about to say something, but Hanna beat her to it.

"But you already knew that, didn't you? I mean you'd be an idiot not to. So my question is, what's stopping you from just telling her? What is stopping you from being with her?" Hanna asked and Alison only stared at her for a moment.

"Everything you just said." Alison said bluntly, causing Hanna to furrow her eyebrows. "Everything you just said, is stopping me." Alison said and Hanna stared at the blonde. "She's the sweetest person ever, she makes me wanna be a better person. She is the reason why I came back; because I couldn't bear to be away from her any longer." Alison said, staring in front of her, as Hanna stared at her.

"For some reason when she sees me, she doesn't see danger; she sees everything I've ever wanted to be, Hanna. Do you know how that feels? To be so fucked up, yet you have someone, who sees past all of that. And I need her, I do; but that doesn't mean that she needs me." Alison said, feeling tears burn in the rim of her eyes.

"Emily deserves everything, she deserves someone who can give her the world, who would do anything to make her smile. She deserves someone who brings her more than just pain and happiness. She deserves someone who brings her love, and care, and amazement. She needs a love that doesn't hurt her, every time she gets too close, or too comfortable." Alison said, letting a tear fall.

"She deserves more, than me." Alison said, in a quiet whisper; so quiet, that if Hanna hadn't been listening so intensely, she wouldn't have heard it. "And what about what you deserve Ali?" Hanna asked and Alison only looked down, still not daring to face Hanna.

"I don't know." Alison admitted, "All I know, is that I don't deserve her." Alison added and Hanna only stared at her. "She's everything that's good in this world, in my world. She makes all the cold and bitterness that I feel, go away; just by smiling. She has this way of making everything seem okay." Alison said, letting more tears fall.

"She's everything I've ever wanted, but she's also everything I don't deserve."

-

A/n: part two coming up.