Caught

Summary: Emily has the worst timing... or the best. Warning⚠️: Super fluffy

-

Saturday. The most wonderful day of the week. It was the day Alison got to sit at home and catch up on her shows, while eating left over take-out. She didn't even have to get dressed. Of course, every Saturday morning they played old reruns of cartoons. It didn't help that Alison's mental alarm clock didn't let her sleep part 5. So, she had taken to watching them until about 7 or 8.

That Saturday though, they were doing superhero reruns. Alison felt like a little kid again; she ran to the closet and pulled out her Wonder Woman cape. Sitting crossed legged on her couch wearing her cape with a bowl of cereal strategically placed in her lap; she felt like she was 10 again.

Unfortunately, her phone was going off in the kitchen. Not wanting to get up, she considered just letting it ring. Then again she also wanted to see if she had superpowers. It was a stupid thought to think at her age, but so was becoming a teacher when she was younger. If one worked, why couldn't the other? So, there she stood on her couch half dressed, hand out stretched, concentrating on the cell phone.

That was the sight Emily walked in on. At first, Alison didn't notice, she however did hear the stifled laughter. Her head slowly turned towards the door. Alison's face grew hot, her hand lowered, and she stepped off the couch. "This never happened." She said in a warning tone as her girlfriend smirked. "Whatever you say, Wonder Woman." Emily joked, finally bursting into laughter and Alison only glared at her.

-

There was also that time where she was caught after her shower.

Everyone does something in the shower, most sing, Alison was no different. "Yellow" by Coldplay blared through a little speaker connected to her phone. She knew the song by heart; when she had first met Emily she played it on repeat. It was the song she thought of whenever she saw the brunette. Of course as she sang at the top of her lungs, she didn't realize Emily was going to soon hear her singing it.

Alison wrapped the towel around her and walked out to the kitchen. She belted out the last line and jumped onto her counter. "AND IT WAS ALL YELLOW!" Alison yelled/sang, pretending as if she were performing.

"Remind me to take a peek at your playlist." A familiar voice teased causing Alison to jump off the counter and come face to face with a smirking Emily. "Oh god, Emily. I swear if you do, I'll-" Alison tried but she was too late, Emily was already reaching for the blondes phone. "No, stop! Don't go in there!"

"You have a playlist named "Emily"?" Emily asked, blushing a bit. "It has a purpose." Alison said simply, trying to hide the blush that was slowly spreading across her face. "A purpose that I'm involved in?" Emily asked, teasing her girlfriend lightly. "Maybe... This is our secret, okay?" Alison asked seriously and Emily only gave her a look. "I suppose I can manage to keep my mouth shut." Emily said, and by the tone in Emily's voice Alison knew she was teasing.

"That means you can't tell Hanna." Alison said warningly and Emily smirked, "Only if you tell me the name of the song you were "performing" to just now." She teased and Alison gave her a look. "Ah, so you did see that then." She said, rubbing the back of her neck embarrassedly. "Only the ending." Emily said, smirking playfully at Alison. "I thought it was cute." Emily added and Alison blushed a bit.

"It was uh- it was, "Yellow" by Coldplay." Alison admitted, still kind of embarrassed. "I like it." Emily admitted, a small smile on her face as she pulled Alison in.

-

The worst one though was Alison crying. It wasn't funny or anything, but it was very personal.

She was sick so, her emotions were running a little high. Therefore none of it was her fault. Some movies were just devastating, even kid's movies harbored death. So, when you put an emotionally unstable, sick person and pair it up with a Lion King movie marathon, it doesn't seem to end well.

As one could guess, Emily has impeccable timing. She poked her head into the doorway as soon as Mufasa died. It was one of the only scenes that could always bring tears to Alison's eyes, and with her being a little more sensitive, it all came crashing down at once.

From where she was standing, all Emily could see was Alison curled up into a ball with a blanket wrapped around her. As she approached her, the spectacle in front her was even more heartbreaking.

Alison had the blanket draped over her shoulders, clutching a teddy bear in one hand and a cup of hot tea in the other, all while silent tears ran down her redden face. The movie was still playing in the background. Emily didn't say a word, she just sat down next to the blonde, and placed her head onto one of Alison's shoulders.

Eventually, they switched and Alison ended up laying in Emily's lap. Emily stroked the sick girls hair until they both fell asleep.

When they awoke, the last movie was playing. Alison had one arm around Emily and the other was secured around the bear. Emily went to go move, but a tug back down and muffled mumbling kept her there for a while more.

After finishing the final movie Alison finally let her leave. At least she thought she was going to leave, it turned out Emily just needed to use the restroom and even came back with another mug of tea. "I don't feel so good Em." Alison admitted in a groggy voice. "I know baby." Emily said gently as she sat back down next to the blonde.

They sat in silence for a while before Alison came up with a question. "Why are kid's movies so depressing? Aren't they suppose to be happy and exciting?" She asked, her eyes locking with Emily's. "It makes the kid's feel bad for the hero, that way when the hero succeeds they are filled with glee." Emily explained what she had learned years ago. She didn't call Alison's question dumb, because she knew the blonde didn't really have much of a child hood.

"That's stupid." Alison said bluntly, and Emily chuckled lightly. "To us, but to them, they think the world works that way I guess." Emily said gently and Alison sighed, laying her head back in Emily's lap, causing the brunette to play with her hair out of habit. "It doesn't." Alison mumbled and Emily shrugged. "They don't know that, they haven't seen all the things that we have." Emily said softly.

"I know, it's still stupid though." Alison mumbled again causing Emily to giggle. Leave it Alison to full on sob over a children's movie, then make a snarky remark about it. But that was just one of the things Emily loved about the blonde, that and she still had a Wonder Woman cape in her closet.

-

"Wait so all those things happen, regularly?" Hanna asked, shocked and a bit amused. "Not those exact ones, but like it yes." Emily said and Hanna giggled, "Aw, that seems so unlike her, but at the same time exactly how I pictured she would act alone at home." The blonde admitted.

"What are you guys talking about?" Alison asked curiously as she sat next to her girlfriend and best friend who were at the brew. "Oh, Emily was just telling me about some of the things she has caught you doing." Hanna said, the smirk never leaving her lips. Alison's eyes then went wide, "I told you not to tell her!" Alison practically shrieked in embarrassment.

"Ooops?" Emily said, stifling a laugh and Alison glared at her, causing her to giggle. "I'm sorry I had to! Someone had a right to know you're not all serious!" Emily defended herself but Alison kept glaring at her.

"Don't worry Princess, I won't tell a soul." Hanna teased and Alison's face turned red. She buried her face in her hands, trying to conceal her embarrassment. Emily tried to tell her sorry repeatedly, but all she got was a shake of head. Hanna rolled her eyes and stifled a laugh, "Don't worry Ali, or should I say, Wonder Woman." Hanna joked as her and Emily bursted into fits of giggles and Alison's face turned even more red.

"What's going on here?" Spencer asked as her and Aria walked up to the three. "O-Oh great, you guys are h-here!" Hanna said, in between giggles, "I have some stories to tell you!" She added, still giggling and Alison groaned, sinking into the seat she was sitting in.