Confessions

Takes place season 5. AU- kinda, sorta, not really.

No ones pov
Ali walked into Emily's house carrying three boxes of takeout not bothering to knock since Emily was already expecting her anyway. The blonde shut the front door and made her way up the stairs.

"I was uh hoping you and I could go see a movie." Ali heard the voice of Paige say as she hid by Emily's door, she could've sworn Emily told her to come over today.

"I actually can't tonight Paige- I uh, I have plans." Emily admitted and Ali continued standing by Emily's door.

"Plans? What kind of plans?" Paige asked curiously as Ali kept listening, "Ali's coming over and we're gonna watch some movies." Emily admitted truthfully as ali smiled at the fact that Emily told Paige the truth instead of making something up.

"So you're blowing me off, for Alison?" Paige asked as Emily sighed, "Paige, Ali and I have been planning this night for a week now." Emily tried to explain as Paige scoffed. "Are you sure she hasn't been planning this night for a week now?" Paige asked as Ali furrowed her eyebrows, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Ali thought as she continued listening.

"Paige please don't start, I just wanted to have a normal night." Emily said and by the tone of her voice Ali could tell she was starting to get irritated.

"A normal night with Alison." Paige said as Ali tried to hold in her urge to roll her eyes.

"Why are you making such a big deal about this? If it was a normal night with Spencer, aria, or Hanna than you wouldn't be acting this way." Emily stated as Paige scoffed, "Because they're different Emily!" Paige said with a loud voice causing Ali to jump a bit. "Well damn." Ali thought.

"How? How is Ali any different from the other girls?" Emily asked as Paige scoffed, "Because she is Emily! You know she is." Paige said as Emily sighed. "She hasn't changed at all Emily." Paige added as Ali looked down and Emily scoffed, "She hasn't changed or you haven't changed?" Emily asked causing Ali's eyes to widen.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Paige asked, "Ali has given me no reason on why I shouldn't believe that she has changed. But you? She literally apologized to you and you're still acting this way!" Emily said raising her voice as Paige scoffed.

"You keep on defending her! Have you forgotten that she left you behind Emily?" Paige asked as Ali stared at the floor but listened intently, "She had to leave Paige!" Emily yelled, "She was in danger, someone tried to kill her, "A" tried to kill her!" Emily yelled again defending the blonde. "So she left you all behind with the same monster that tried to kill her. Great." Paige said sarcastically as Emily sighed.

"She left you Emily, and the others, and here you are defending her." Paige scoffed, "I don't think she ever left anybody Paige," Emily started as Ali looked up and continued listening, "I don't think she knew how." Emily added again with a soft voice causing Ali to gap her mouth open. It was at this time she decided to make her presence known, she walked into Emily's room and cleared her throat as Emily and Paige looked at her.

"I uh, I come barring take out." Ali said awkwardly and by the tone of Ali's voice Emily knew she had heard everything. "If uh- if right nows a bad time I can go home." Ali said softly looking into Emily's eyes from a distance, she turned around to walk away, but Emily stopped her. "Ali wait." Emily called out causing her to turn around.

"Stay please." Emily added as Ali merely nodded, "Paige was just leaving." Emily said in a stern voice looking at Paige as Paige scoffed and shook her head. She walked out hitting Ali's shoulder with hers on the way out and Ali restrained every bone in her body not to turn around and punch the girl.

Emily and Ali stood in an awkward silence for about three minutes till Emily cleared her throat. "So uh, what movies do you wanna watch?" The brunette asked acting as if that entire conversation with Paige didn't happen, "Oh so I guess we're just acting like I didn't just hear everything. Okay then." Ali thought,

"Uh whatever ones you want." The blonde said as Emily smiled lightly.

They ended up watching the little mermaid and pretty woman as they ate the takeout Ali had brought.

Later that night the two laid in Emily's bed, Ali stared up at the ceiling thinking about the conversation she heard Emily and Paige have, while Emily laid turned over on her side staring at the wall, thinking about how Ali heard the entire conversation her and Paige had.

"You were right you know." Ali said bluntly as Emily furrowed her eyebrows and turned over so she was now facing Ali, Ali turned over too so she was now staring into Emily's big brown eyes.

"About what?" Emily asked curiously, "About how I never left any of you guys, how I didn't know how." Ali said softly as Emily stayed silent for a few moments. "O-Oh." Was all Emily could manage to say, "Well I knew because every time the girls and I were in trouble, like the fire, the barn, or me almost being sawed in half- you uh, you saved me- us." Emily added as Ali stared contently at the brunette. "I wasn't only there when you guys were in trouble, I was there at- at other times too." Ali admitted as Emily furrowed her eyebrows.

"Like when you went on runs every morning at exactly 8 o'clock, or when you walked home from school sometimes." Ali admitted as Emily stared at the blonde shocked a bit, "I was also there when Spencer was at radley, or when Hanna went to that gay bar- I remember the first time I saw Aria and Ezra together." Ali said and Emily couldn't say anything- she didn't know what to say.

"Being on the run it was- lonely. It caused me to appreciate all the stuff I hadn't before I left. Like the way you laughed, or the way you smiled, the way you used to say my name. Every time I was in a messed up situation I thought to myself "what would Emily do?" Or "what would Emily say?"." The blonde said causing Emily's mouth to gap open but no words came out.

"If I would've asked you to run away with me before I left, what would you have said?" Ali asked staring into Emily's eyes, "I would've told you that you were crazy." Emily admitted as Ali chuckled lightly. "Then when I realized you were serious I would've said yes." Emily said causing Ali's eyes to go wide.

"If time was vice versa and everything that was happening then, was happening now, and I asked you to run away with me, would you still say yes?" Ali asked as Emily stared at her, "Probably." Emily answered simply as Ali couldn't help but smile.

"If I had you with me on the run, I probably would've never came back. I would've been okay with leaving everything behind, as long as I had you." Ali confessed as Emily's face flushed, "You somehow make everything better. You make me feel like everything's okay, you are my safe place." Ali confessed again as Emily stared at her. "I love you so much." Ali added as Emily's eyes went wide.

"Y-You, you love me?" Emily said softly as Ali nodded, "I can't remember a day that I didn't." Ali confessed as Emily stared at the blonde with big eyes, the same eyes that drive Ali crazy. "Ali I-I, I love you too." Emily confessed as Ali stared at the brunette, "Can I- can I kiss you now?" Ali asked as Emily nodded softly.

Ali grabbed Emily's face and kissed her passionately, the spark that was there years ago, was still here now, Ali knew it always will be.