A day without Ali

Season 6 emison. The dollhouse and Ali identifying Cyrus never happened, also Ali never went to jail.

No ones pov

"You don't appreciate anything I do for you!" Ali yelled and Emily rolled her eyes. They were currently arguing over who knows what, and somehow it lead to Ali saying that.

"I don't appreciate anything you do for me?! What do you do Alison?" Emily asked and Ali's eyes went wide, a flash of hurt taking over her face for a moment before it turned into anger again. "You can't go a day without me!" Ali yelled angrily.

"Oh really? Have you forgotten I went two years without you?" Emily asked letting the anger take over. Ali was silent. Emily knew she had messed up, but her pride was taking over so she just stared at Ali intimidatingly.

"Fine. You don't think I do anything important for you? How about tomorrow you spend the entire day without me. No text, no calls, nothing." Ali said angrily and Emily only scoffed.

"Fine. That's easy, no problem." Emily answered still angry and Ali felt a little hurt by Emily's comment. "Is she trying to say it'd be easy to get by without me?" Ali thought to herself.

"Fine!" Ali only yelled as she stormed away. "Fine!" Emily yelled back but the only response she got was the front door slamming shut. "I'll show her who can live without who." Emily mumbled to herself as she looked for her pajamas. "God dammit which drawer does Ali put my pajamas in?!" Emily asked frustratingly.

After she finally found her pajamas Emily laid in her bed, she was tempted to text Alison a good night out of habit, but then she remembered their little bet. If that's what it even was.

(The next day)

Emily woke up and took a look at her clock, "Shit I'm late for work! Baby why didn't you wake me up?!" She yelled as she looked to her right but Alison wasn't there. "Oh yeah, the bet." Emily mumbled to herself. "So what if Ali wakes me up every morning? It's not like I can't do it myself." Emily thought as she got up and walked to the bathroom.

She got ready for work and walked downstairs expecting to see her lunch made. "Oh yeah, I forgot, Ali makes my lunch." Emily thought. "Whatever, I'll just eat at work." Emily said to herself reassuringly.

She got into her car and drove to work, as she entered she was greeted by Ezra. "Hey Emily." Her boss said and she smiled, "Hey Ezra." Emily said politely as she walked to the back room and put her stuff down. She then put her apron on and put her phone in the pocket of the red apron.

Halfway into her shift she was already bored out her mind, she checked her phone and saw she still didn't have any texts or calls from Ali.

"Hey Em." Emily's thoughts were soon interrupted by her best friend Spencer. "Hey Spence." Emily said lightly, "I was just wondering if you had the text book I lent you? You texted me yesterday telling me to come pick it up here." Spencer said bluntly and Emily face palmed herself.

"Shit Ali must've forgot to remind me this morning-" Emily cut herself off, "I mean, I forgot. I'm sorry Spence." Emily said lightly and Spencer gave her a look of concern. "Are you okay Emily?" Spencer asked curiously and Emily sighed as she leaned on the counter behind the register.

"Ali and I got into a fight last night. We ended up making this stupid bet that I can't go a day without her and stuff she does for me, cause apparently I'm not appreciative enough." Emily said and Spencer nodded. "Wow, must be hard." She said and Emily stared at her in disbelief.

"Don't take it the wrong way Em, but Ali kind of does do a lot of things for you. I mean she's practically like your wife." Spencer pointed out. And normally that would've made Emily smile, but in response she just scoffed and shook her head. "I can totally make it a day without Ali. I mean look at me now I'm fine." Emily lied, even she had to admit it's been a pretty shitty day.

"Well, okay Em, whatever you say. I'll just swing by your house later and pick up the book, I'll tell Ali you said hi." Spencer said and Emily's eyes went wide.

"Wait is she staying with you?" Emily asked and Spencer shook her head and laughed. "We're neighbors. Remember Em?" Spencer teased and Emily sighed, "Guess I just forgot." Emily replied and Spencer laughed as she walked out.

The rest of the day at work was awful for Emily. She had to put up with rude customers and she even burnt some of the pastries she was making. She sighed in relief as she entered her house. "Ali I'm home-" Emily then cut herself off, "Oh yeah, you're not here." Emily reminded herself as she walked into the kitchen like she normally would.

"And with no Ali, means no dinner." Emily said groaning as she felt her stomach rumble. She sighed as she walked upstairs, "God this rooms a mess." Emily said and she immediately sighed. "Oh yeah, I forgot, Ali does most of the cleaning." Emily mumbled to herself as she started to pick up her room.

Emily walked into the bathroom and sighed, there was usually a cute post it note that Ali left on the mirror for her. She walked downstairs and popped in a microwaveable dinner. After it was ready she took it out and sat on the couch.

"Jesus Christ what am I doing?" Emily asked herself halfway into watching The Gilmore Girls and eating. "This is awful." She said looking at her food. She sat the food on the coffee table and stood up.

She grabbed her keys and walked out the door, getting into her car and speeding off. She ended up at Ali's house and hurriedly knocked on the door. Ali then opened up confused, but as soon as she saw it was Emily she gave her an amused look, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Ali I'm sorry!" Emily said desperately as she got on her knees, "Life without you is horrible! I don't know what I was thinking! I can't go a day without you. God Ali, I'm sorry I haven't been appreciative enough. I had no idea you're the reason my life isn't a complete mess." Emily breathed out as she looked up at Ali.

Ali looked very satisfied. "I told you so." She said with a smirk on her lips.