It always comes back to you

Season 5 emison AU😊

No ones pov

"I'm still so glad you're back." Emily said smiling at Samara, they were currently on a date and everything was going great. "I know me too, I've missed you so much." Samara said as they walked into the brew.

"Me too." Emily said lightly as they took a seat. "So how has everything been?" Samara asked as they took a look at a menu. "It's been good. How's everything been with you?" Emily asked smiling at the blonde. "It's been great now that I'm back here with you." Samara said and Emily blushed lightly.

"You've changed so much since I've last seen you." Samara admitted, "Is that a good or bad thing?" Emily asked lightly. "It's good." Samara said and Emily blushed again. "So are you still friends with that group of girls? What were there names, Hanna, Spencer, and Ariana I think." Samara said lightly.

"It's Spencer, Hanna, and Aria." Emily corrected lightly, "And yes, we're still best friends." Emily added and Samara smiled. "Well that's great, I always did like them." She said lightly and Emily smiled.

Halfway into the dinner Emily couldn't stop smiling. "So have you thought about any colleges you wanna go to?" The blonde asked and Emily shook her head, "Nope. But I do have hope that everything will turn out for the better." Emily said smiling.

"You're so big on happy endings." Samara said lightly and Emily's smile soon fell.

(Flashback)

Fifteen year old Emily fields walked into the library to hear her best friend Alison Dilaurentis giggling. "What's so funny?" Emily asked staring at the blonde who was reading her favorite book Great Expectations.

"Their names. Pip, Mr. Wopsle, uncle pummel chuck. They all sound like stuffed animals." Ali said giggling lightly causing Emily to smile. "I can't believe you already finished it." The brunette said as she sat next to the blonde.

"Want me to tell you what happens?" Ali asked smirking, "I can make you a cheat sheet." Ali teased and Emily giggled.

"You know you should really let me braid your hair sometime." Ali said lightly as she played with Emily's hair. Emily's smile then fell as she looked at Ali.

"I had a dream last night." Emily said lightly, "About Jenna." Emily said and Ali stared at her. "Emily don't." Ali stated sternly, "Stop thinking about that okay? There's all sorts of operations and stuff that they can do." Ali added and Emily stared at her.

"I know, I dreamt that she came back and she was fine. She could see perfectly and she forgave us." Emily said and Ali smiled at the brunette as she chuckled breathlessly. "That's why I love you. You're big on happy endings." Ali said lightly and Emily blushed.

"So is dickens by the way. Pip gets Estelle in the end." Ali said lightly glancing at her book then back at Emily. "Can I read you something?" Ali asked curiously and Emily nodded as she smiled. Ali then turned her attention back to the book. "I loved her against reason, against promise," Ali started as she stared at Emily, "Against peace, against hope, against happiness; against all discouragement that could be." Ali added lightly staring deeply into Emily's eyes.

"Did you get to that part yet?" Ali asked teasingly and Emily nodded lightly still in a daze. Emily then leaned in slowly and kissed Ali's lips, Ali closed her eyes but before she could kiss back Emily had pulled away.

Ali gave Emily a loving smile and Emily smiled back.

(End of flashback)

"Emily are you okay?" Samara asked snapping Emily back into reality.

"What?" Emily asked still not fully paying attention. "I asked if you were okay, you kind of spaced out on me there." The blonde said staring at Emily in confusion. When Emily didn't answer Samara gave her a look of concern. "Are you alright?" She asked and Emily shook her head.

"N-No. I have to go, I-I'm sorry." Emily said still thinking about Alison. "Uh, okay. Do you want me to drive you home?" Samara asked and Emily stood up. "T-That's not necessary. I-I'm sorry." Emily said and before Samara could answer Emily rushed out of the brew.

After walking for about twenty minutes Emily ended up at Ali's porch. She hesitantly knocked and was soon greeted by Ali. She was wearing a big white teeshirt and nothing else.

"E-Emily, w-what are doing here?" Ali asked confused, "I-I don't know." Emily answered still in a daze. "Come in, it's freezing out here." Ali said moving aside so Emily could walk in. As Emily walked in she realized no one else was home.

Ali closed the front door and faced the brunette. "Is everything alright?" Ali asked in a concerned tone, "N-No." Emily stuttered out still in a confused state. "What's wrong Em?" Ali asked starting to get worried.

"I was- I was on a date, and now I'm here." Emily said furrowing her eyebrows. "A date?" Ali asked feeling a bit jealous, "What happened?" Ali asked concernedly.

"She uh- she said I was big on happy endings." Emily said finally looking at the blonde. Ali's face fell, "Oh." Ali said lightly remembering about what had happened in the library.

"Emily I-" Ali started but was soon cut off by the brunette, "Please don't say anything." Emily said flatly and Ali shut her mouth. "I keep wondering why all my relationships don't work out." Emily said staring at the floor.

Ali stared at her intensely, "And tonight I finally realized, they don't work out because I'm still in love with you." Emily said and Ali felt her heart stop. "I keep telling myself that I'm over you, and over everything- but then they say something, or they do something like you used to, and it just- it always comes back to you." Emily said as she finally looked up at Ali.

Ali stood there speechless, she didn't know what to say. "It was always so much easier to be with someone when you were gone, because I know I could never do anything about it. But now here you are and tonight it was going good, until she said that. Then I realized I don't what the hell I was doing with her, because the reality is, I love you." Emily said and Ali stood there stunned.

"I always told myself that if you ever came back, that would be my second chance. My second chance at everything, I'd tell you how I felt without being ashamed and we'd take things from where we left off. But here you are and we haven't talked about a single thing. I never told you how I felt, I never told you what it was like living in a world without you. How horrible it was." Emily admitted and Ali stared at her.

Emily hadn't noticed that Alison had been walking closer to her, "I don't know how you feel, or if you ever felt anything at all. I don't know why it's so hard to let you go, I don't know why it always comes back to you-" Emily explained and Ali cut her off. "Emily shut up." Ali said and out of instinct Emily snapped her mouth shut.

"I'm sorry I just-" Emily tried and Ali cut her off by kissing her lips. Emily was shocked but soon kissed back, the kiss was light at first but then became the most passionate kiss the two have ever shared.

Ali soon pulled away and fluttered her eyes open, "You talk too much." Ali whispered and Emily stared at the blonde in a daze. "Emily I love you too, I've always loved you too." Ali said lightly and Emily stared at her and smiled.

"Really?" Emily asked in almost a childlike voice and Ali giggled. "Yes, really Em." Ali said lightly and Emily grabbed her face and kissed her again. Ali couldn't help but smile into the kiss.