Cigarettes and Confessions

Season 5 emison

No ones pov
Ali walked into the gas station with tear stains on her cheeks, she lied to Emily again and this time the brunette had, had enough.

The words Emily had said to her not too long ago rang through her head,

"I'm done Ali, I'm so done with you."

Ali couldn't bring herself to tell Emily why she identified Cyrus, in all honesty she didn't even know why herself.

"Can I help you ma'am?" The boy at the register had asked snapping Ali out of her never ending thoughts about Emily.

"U-Uh yes, one pack of marlboro lights and a lighter please." The blonde said in an emotionless voice, Ali hadn't been one to smoke, of course she's smoked cigarettes before but she hated the way they tasted.

But tonight Ali had to taste something other than numbness, she needed to feel something.

"ID please?" The boy asked as Ali reached into her purse and pulled out her fake ID that she hadn't used since high school. In all honesty she didn't even know why she still had it.

"That'll be 7.96." The boy said as Ali nodded and handed him the money and he handed her the cigarettes and the lighter.

She thanked him quietly and she walked out, since the gas station was only down the street from her house she walked back quickly. As she approached her house and sat on her porch she opened the pack of cigarettes.

She put one in her mouth and lit it as she breathed in the smoke, she coughed at first but quickly got used to the feeling and taste.

After she finished her first one she put it out and threw it on the floor, she lit her second one and started smoking.

"I didn't take you as a smoker." A deep voice said as Ali turned her head to see her older brother Jason standing by the front door.

"I'm not, it's been a rough night." Ali said bitterly as Jason shut the door and sat by his little sister. "Give me one." Jason said as Ali handed him a cigarette and he put it in his mouth and lit it.

"I know dad took you to where you got kidnapped earlier- is that why you're smoking?" Jason asked as Ali took a puff of her cigarette and shook her head as she exhaled.

"Or are you upset over the fact that Emily's lost all faith in you?" Jason asked as Ali's eyes widened, "How did you- how did you know that?" Ali asked in a shocked tone. "I was literally right in the backyard." Jason admitted as Ali looked down and took another puff of her cigarette and so did Jason.

"I'm not gonna get into your business about why she was angry, but you look like you need someone to talk to." The blonde boy said as Ali sighed,

"I messed up, again." Ali admitted in a bitter tone. "Emily put all her faith in me and like always I messed it up." Ali said staring at her shoes as she took another puff.

"Well how'd you screw it up again?" Jason asked curiously as he and Ali both finished their cigarette at the same time and each grabbed another one.

They took turns lighting them and Ali sighed, "I lied again." Ali mumbled with a cigarette in her mouth. "Well why'd you lie again?" Jason asked as Ali looked down,

"I don't know Jase, honestly I don't know why I do half of the shit I do, like sometimes I think I'm doing the right thing and it ends up being the wrong thing. But I don't realize it till it's too late." Ali admitted as Jason stared at the younger girl. "Honestly I used to have the same problem. I always did stupid things that seemed right, but really weren't. Problem was I didn't realize they were wrong choices till it was too late." Jason said softly as Ali sighed.