Part 3: Frustrations

Hello again my lovelies! How are we all?
As promised, another chapter is awaiting you. I'd like to thank those who have voted and commented on my story, you keep me typing :)

Enjoy :)

Like the biggest idiot I kind of tossed my re-unzipped pencil case at him so the contents hit him softly in the chest and spilled on the floor. I glared at Mason's stunned face - well, more like 'I can't believe this is who I live with' face -  and took advantage of his momentary pause by grabbing Melissa and peeling straight for the door.

"I'm staying at yours tonight!" I joked as we sprinted to my car. As soon as we had clicked our seat belts in I drove my jeep a little too fast out of the car park and straight to my apartment.

"Lucky we didn't have any classes left today." Mel said as she dropped her bag at the door and I laughed walking to the fridge to get a bottle of water.

"Yeah, I think you should probably be here when he gets home later today." I said, a slight fear started to creep into my belly. What would he do?

I don't think he would ever physically hurt me, he was low but he wasn't that low, but still his words might break my bones more than sticks and stones.

"What time does his last class finish?" She asked, flopping onto the couch and flicking through the Tv.

"I'll check." I danced to my room and reached for my diary checking his timetable. Yes, I had his timetable in my planner but I also had Mels, so it wasn't that weird. Searching his timetable for today, I walked out to the living room.

"His last class finishes at 3..." I looked around for Mel but I couldn't see her anywhere. "Mel?"

"In here!" She called from Mason's room. The colour drained from my face.

"What are you doing in Mason's room!?" I shrieked running to the door way, throwing my planner onto the couch. I felt as though there was a force field holding me back from entering his room and I was afraid that the air would electrocute me.

"Just having a look, he won't know." I took a deep breath and walked into his room.

His bed wasn't made as pefectly as mine - he'd just pulled his blankets back so they covered his mattress rather than tucked them in so everything was straight - and he had a few posters above his bed of bands that I hadn't heard of.

His desk was like mine but instead of painted white it was still showing the grain of the wood and his text books were stacked neatly in the corner whilst his work books were spread out around them.

I just looked around whilst Mel actually rummaged through his drawers looking for hidden things.

"Look, if you're going to live with this guy you need to have some knowledge about him and ammo up your sleeve." Was her reasoning as she rifled through his underwear draw.

On his bedside table was a picture of him taking a selfie with a girl, he was kissing her cheek. I picked it up and looked at it closely. His dark hair wasn't as long as it was now and he looked younger, happier. I didn't even realise that a small smile had appeared on my face.

"Ah ha!" Exclaimed Mel as she pulled a bottle of vodka from his draw. I walked over and examined to bottle.

"Why would he hide it?" I asked, looking over the bottle.

"Doesn't want you to drink it, you alcoholic." She joked and I laughed. I wasn't a drinker, I'd been out drinking once in my life, on my 18th birthday of course and I woke up with the worst headache and absolutely no recollection of the night before. I'd made a vow to myself to never drink again after that.

We stood there examining the bottle until we heard a click from the front door and shoes walking through the hall. We looked at each other in panic and dived towards the window. In about the 10 seconds we had to get through his window and climb onto the roof to my room and lie on the floor flipping through a magazine looking nonchalant, I'd successfully thrown up my heart onto the street below.

In Mason fashion he didn't bother to knock only opened my door and glared at me with a curled lip, his arms crossed over his chest accentuating his arms under his T-Shirt.

We looked up attempting to look indifferent when really our hearts were in our throats and our stomachs in our feet.

"Who's been in my room?" He growled and I swallowed as subtly as I could, Mel just laughed .

"Me. Got a problem with that?" She said, getting to her feet, leaving me shocked and staring between the two of them.

"Yeah, I do actually." He said so slowly and sternly I literally felt the already dense tension in the air constrict. He stepped forward so he was right in Mel's face.

"Step into my room again and I'll have no trouble throwing you out of my apartment." He turned to me. "You too."

Well, I was quivering in my boots and hardly breathing. Mel on the other hand was standing strong, her olive skin not shaking one bit.

She sighed deeply before pulling me to my feet and giving me a hug, telling me that she'll call me later.

When we came out of my room, Mason was sitting in the couch with his feet in the coffee table and his arm draped over the back.

"Bye Mason!" She exclaimed cheerily blowing him a kiss as she walked out of the door.
I stood tentatively by my door for a moment, deliberating whether or or not it would be awkward for me to sit on the couch with him. Walking over and sitting in the floor by his feet, resting my back against the couch, picking at my nails and staring at my hands, I took a deep breath before speaking.
  "I'm sorry about going into your room."  I said quietly. When he didn't reply I turned to look at him, he was staring at me with a blank expression.
"Mason?"

"Is that all you're sorry for?" He asked, removing his arm from the back of the couch and crossing them.

"If you mean am I sorry for making you look like an idiot and throwing my stuff at you, no I'm not." I said, blinking and pursing my lips.

He let a threatening smirk onto his face before leaning forwards so his face was mere inches from mine.
"No one has ever spoken to me like that."

"And why is that? Because you're the bad boy?" I mocked, wanting to move away but his minty breath fanned over my face as he chuckled.

"Exactly sweetheart. You'd do best to remember it." He said with a smirk, tucking a piece of my brown hair behind my ear before standing and walking to his room. Gently closing the door behind him.

Please vote and comment! Tell me what you think, I'd love to hear :)

Thanks my lovelies xx