Part 25: Claire Murphy

Hey all, hope you are well and that you enjoy this chapter :)

Please please please vote and comment if you like my story because it keeps me typing :)

"Kirsty, have you seen Mason?" He'd been gone for an hour and a half and call me crazy, but since the accident I'd had this dreaded fear that something would happen to Mason every time he left me.

"He came past about an hour ago, he might be with his sister." She said, returning to her computer screen.

Woh woh woh, hold up. His sister? As in Claire? As in the Claire I saw in the photo, sister?

"Oh yeah, okay." I tried to play it cool but inside the gears of my brain were falling to pieces.

His sister was in the hospital?

"I always get lost going to her room, could I get you to take me there?" I asked, trying to be nonchalant but I've always been pretty crap a lying.

Still, Kirsty complied easily. I suppose since she'd seen how close Mason and I were she thought I'd met Claire. Nope.

We wondered to the third floor that had rooms similar to mine and Kirsty paused at on my way on the corner. She gestured with a smile before retreating back and leaving me alone and staring into Claire's room from the window.

She was sitting in her bed with a wheelchair beside her. There was a remote resting by her hand and from where I was it looked like she was watching her tv.

I slowly walked over to the door and knocked quietly before opening and coming in.

She looked confused when she saw me.

"I think you might have the wrong room..." she said softly. She was very pretty with her long brown hair tied into a bun on top of her head and freckles scattered across her nose and cheeks. Already she reminded me of Mason.

She would only be a year or two younger than me but she looked mature.

"Oh, I don't actually." I played with my fingers awkwardly and I must've looked ridiculous.
"We haven't met but I know your brother." Her eyes lit up a little and a smile worked it's way onto her face. I decide to keep the part where I'm kinda his girlfriend and hadnt introduced me yet to myself.

"Oh, please sit down." She nodded to the side at a chair and I sat down slowly and cautiously.

"What was your name again?" She asked, moving her finger to the button on the remote and switching the tv off.

"Ashley Anderson." A knowing smile worked its way onto her face and her eyes had a cheeky glint to them.

"Oooh, you're Ashley. My brother was right; you are gorgeous." I blushed. So Mason had been telling her about me? Maybe I had underestimated his feelings.

"He didn't tell me you were here though... what are you in for?" She asked, her brows furrowing the same way that Masons did. You could definitely tell they were siblings, they had the same nose and sharp cheekbones.

"I was in a car accident, your brother pulled me from the wreck." Her eyes were sympathetic and I waved her off when she opened her mouth to say sorry.

"That's my brother, Mason the hero." She laughed and I joined in carefully. "I was the same, but looks like you got out with the use of your legs."