Part 15: Words

Thanks 1-800-stay-loyal for the cover! It looks fab!!

Hey guys, so I know it's been ages but I am still writing! Don't worry!!

Don't forget to comment and vote :)

"Well, you two made up pretty quickly." Cameron was standing in the door way, leaning against the wall with a  smirk on his face. I lifted myself onto my arms and squinted against the light coming from the window behind me.

I looked around and then to the floor where I saw Mason asleep, his hand resting on his chest and his head turned to the side away from me.

I huffed, sitting up further and running my hand through my hair to smooth the mess I'd created from sleeping on the couch.

I lifted my finger to my lips and gestured for him to follow me as I stepped over Mason on the floor. I pulled Cam into the bathroom and closed the door softly behind me careful not to wake Mason.

"We haven't made up. How can you make up when you haven't broken up? Besides you need to be with someone to break up with them." I ranted, looking in the mirror and groaning at the mascara blotches around my eyes that made me look like a panda.

"What has he not told me Cam? He came in here a couple of hours after I arrived and was looking for you. I-" I brought my fists to my hair, tugging at the roots.

Cam sighed and rubbed his eyes in frustration. What the hell did he have to be frustrated about?

"What did you guys talk about last night?"

"Not much... he said that I shouldn't be with Lucas and that I should be with him but he didn't know how. I dont know, it's all so confusing." I groaned, I should be the one frustrated, I have a reason to be frustrated!

"Well, you shouldn't be with Lucas." He replied, stating as though it was the most obvious thing in the world, like butter goes on bread or that cottage cheese shouldn't be a cheese or that pineapple should be on pizza.

"But why!? No one will tell me why!" I exclaimed, my hands reaching out to him as if he would give me the answer in a pretty pink package.

Just then, the door opened to Mason looking confused and me ready to strangle Cameron with my outstretched hands.

"Uh, can I use the bathroom?" he asked, his brows crinkling in confusion and his lip turning up a little at the corners as he took in the image in front of him.

I weave around Mason not looking him in the eye as I strode past and when the door was finally closed, I turned on Cameron again.

"Cameron please tell me, what's going on? I'm so confused." I said weakly, sitting down on the couch with my head in my hands.

Cameron sighed before sitting down beside me and taking my hands in his.

"Ashley, Mason's life when he was younger was rough, to say the least. He's had a hard time attaching himself to people. His mum and dad were never home - literally never home; his dad was half way across the country  with his new wife and his mum was off doing someone new every weekend. He had to be a parent for his younger sister at the age of twelve. It took me a long time to break down that wall Ash, and when I did I saw a broken man. He gets scared of attaching himself to anyone because every time he does... he loses them." I stared at the floor taking in every word, a squeezing feeling in my chest from the paint that Mason must've gone through.

"Well, well, well, looks like you know everything now." Cam and I snapped our heads up to see Mason standing near the couch. My sharp intake of breath got caught in my throat and the burning pain brought tears to my eyes, but I ignored them and got to my feet to walk over to him.