Part 23: You're giving me a Heartattack

Hey everyone, another chapter yay! Remember to vote and comment cause I love to hear what you say :) xx

The doctors said I would be ready to leave in five days. Finally.

Today was the day. The day to call dad and calmly tell him I had been in a car accident.

I honestly had no idea how he would take it. I was worried in the first place because after mum had gone he was so distraught that he wouldn't let me out of his sight in the fear of losing me.

And he almost did.

I found his contact in my phone and held my finger over the call button. Oh god.

Mason had disappeared to check on something, he wasn't very descriptive but I needed the silence.

Just do it. If you don't do it now, you won't do it at all.

I pressed the call button and brought the phone to my ear.

Four rings. Six rings. Ten rings. He picked up.

"Ashley, honey. How are you? It's been a while." Shit. My cheerful dad was about to hear some terrible news that would surely ruin his year.

"Hey dad. Uh, I'm not great actually. Are you sitting down?"

"No, why? What's wrong?" His voice became urgent and frantic and I already knew this wasn't going to end well.

"Dad I want you to sit down and listen carefully. Do not worry because everything is fine and under control." There was silence on the other line an I couldn't even hear his breathing.

"Dad, I was in a car accident. I have broken ribs, a broken arm and elbow but I am fine. I am fine." There was silence for a long time before he said something.

"A car accident?" He sounded choked.

"Yes. But I'm fine." I quickly added.

"What happened?" He said, so softly I could barely hear.

"I was stuck in a car with a drunk driver and we collided into a lamppost. We wrapped around it." I could feel the tears in my eyes but I needed to be strong for him.

"And the other person." He rasped out. Oh god, this would send him over the edge. The truth or not the truth?

"He's.. he's fine." There was a pause and then the muffled thud of a body hitting the ground and a groan.

"Dad?" I questioned, sitting up a little more in my seat.
"Dad!? DAD!" I called but there was no answer. I screamed into the phone, the tears flowing freely now.

I sat bolt upright in bed and leaned forwards. Bad idea. I felt a horrible splintering that ripped through my lungs and stomach and I couldn't help the blood curdling scream that erupted from my mouth.

Three nurses rushed into my room and tried to push me back but I couldn't move. I was stuck. It was agony to stay where I was but even more so when I was pushed back.

I'm going to die.

The pain was unbearable and I could feel bile rising in my throat threatening to come out.

Tears were falling freely from my eyes and drenching my face, and I felt my body begin to shake uncontrollably and a sudden white hotness tore through my body.

I needed Mason, but I needed to help my dad. What was wrong with him? Did he have a heart attack? He has always been a worrywart and now I've just sent him over the edge. What was I thinking!?

Just then, Mason peeled into the room his eyes wide and concerned as he dove for me taking my trembling hand in his and allowing me to squeeze tightly.

"What the hell happened!?" He screamed at the nurses who too were shocked and trying to help me.

One of them had run off I don't know where.

"Ashley, baby, you need to lean back!" Mason cried, and when I managed to get my scrunched eyes open for the smallest of a millisecond I saw his face was wet with tears.

He smoothed my hair and my throats was beginning to become incredibly sore from screaming and crying out.

Just then, a doctor came in in his blue scrubs and white lab coat. He was the brand name for calmness. Why was he so calm? I was in freaking agony! He asked a few nurses professionally what was going on before nodding his head and pulling out a syringe, injecting it into my arm.

Shortly after I felt my body go lax and my mind went cloudy.

I was being pushed back slowly onto the bed and I looked at a stunned Mason who's hands were pulling at his hair.

"Ambulance.. my dad. Get him... ambulance... dad." I managed to mumble before blacking out.