Part 34: Phlegm Street £30k

Thank you everyone for your love and support. Here's another chapter and I hope you enjoy! ❤️

Driving home from the doctors I kept touching and twisting my arm to see which angles it hurt at.

Today was the day that I finally had that damn cast removed. Thank-bloody-god. It was driving me nuts! I literally couldn't have a proper shower or drive or do cartwheels or shit like that...not that I do that very often but that's not the point.

So, as a way of celebrating the fact that the casted past is officially behind us, I thought it was a good night to invite Mel and Cameron over for drinks, chips and monopoly.

Monopoly is the best game ever. Ever. Or at least I thought so until Mason managed to beat me in every single game.

Really, the beers were for celebration, the monopoly was just to try and weaken Masons game.

Tonight, I was going to win.

"What are doing tonight?" Asked Mel over the phone as I folded my washing and put it away in my drawers.

"Coming over to celebrate," I mumbled, trying to keep the phone steady between my shoulder and ear.

"Celebrate what?" I could hear her chewing on something crunchy through the phone.

"Getting my cast taken off." I finished folding and sat cross legged on the bed.

"Oh that's exciting! Okay, Cam and I will be right over."

I made my way to the kitchen and started to get food and drinks ready.

Mason had been clearing his throat repeatedly and it was getting annoying. Yesterday he'd been wandering around in his ripped jeans and a white V-neck, I told him off of course seeing it was negative four degrees outside but he had to be all macho and say he wasn't even cold.

"Do you want a glass of water?" I called from the counter where I was putting chips into a bowl.

"Nah, I'm alright." He said, padding his barefeet over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"You smell so good." He murmured, burying his face in my hair.

I giggled as his exhale tickled my neck.

"Thanks," I said, turning around and twining my arms around his neck, pulling his lips to me. "You taste good."

He chuckled, nuzzling his face in my neck. Mel and Cameron at the door broke us apart and Mason went to get it while I put the chips and beer on the dining table next to the fully prepared and set up game of monopoly.

"Hey, congrats! How's it feeling?" Mel asked as she squeezed me hello.

"Yeah not too bad, just a little achy but that was to be expected."

"Mmm... what's this?" She eyes the board and then me. In the corner of my eye I could see Mason and Cam conversing in hushed tones.

"Monopoly. I now have a working arm and I am prepared to kick all of your asses." I said proudly, earning a roll of the eyes from Mason and a smirk from Cam.

It was a tight game but I won. I'd managed to end up with both green and dark blue cards, leaving me with the best chance to make money of the others.

Mason had been coughing violently towards the end of the game, earning worried looks from everyone.

"You alright, mate?" Asked Cameron as he cleared empty beer bottles from the table. Mel and I had moved to the couch where we were gossiping quietly.