Part 27: Miss Wealthy

Hey guys! We've nearly hit 1K in readers!!! Can you believe it!? I can't!!
Thank you all so much for your support and I hope you enjoy!!! Woohoo!!!

Thank you Imperfect_beautyy for the fabulous cover!!!

Uni break was finally here and Mason and I were packing to go see dad back home.

Luckily for me, my ribs were almost healed and I could move around much easier now. My fractured elbow had also healed well meaning I could move it but my forearm was still on the mend.

"Bring a few jumpers; it gets cold up there." I repeated for the fifth time as I sat on Masons bed and pointed at things in his wardrobe.

"I think one'll be fine." He rolled his eyes and I scoffed. Alright then, suit yourself but when your ass turns blue I'm not helping.

"Where is this place anyway?" He asked, passing things for me to fold and put in his gym bag.

"About an hour and half drive from here, in the mountains." I kept the part about it being a two story six bedroom mini mansion to myself.

"So we're gonna roast marshmallows by the fire and sing camp songs?" He said sarcastically as he bent down to kiss me.

"No, you idiot." I laughed.

It had been a few weeks since we'd seen Lucas at the store and luckily he hadn't come looking at the apartment for me.

Mel helped me catch up with uni work and Mason surprisingly did most of the cooking rather than ordering takeout.

"Dad ordered a taxi service to pick us up and take us there seeing as it's such a long drive and you don't know where you're going." He nodded with pursed lips as he continued to shove his shoes down the side of the bag, squishing them in.

"Be ready in twenty," I called as I padded out of his room and into the bathroom to get my makeup bag and both of our toothbrushes, recalling the time he left his at Cameron's and begged to use mine like it was nothing. It was weird, thinking about how Mason and I used to argue, we hated each other, ironic how things turn out.

By the time the taxi had pulled up out the front, Mason and I were waiting at the door impatiently.

He carried his bag and my little bag downstairs while I trailed behind thinking of anything we could've possibly left in the apartment.

Luckily, I left some of my winter clothes at home so I only had to pack essentials. Mason, however, did not have a stocked wardrobe up there.

The two of us got in the back seat and made small talk with the drive for the first thirty minutes. After that, I snuggled into Mason's side and he wrapped his arm around me protectively, kissing my forehead.

Despite the heater in the car being on, I was still quite cold, and if anyone else was sitting in the car with us they would probably have told us to get a room.

I had my legs draped over his right knee and my hands up his jumper resting on the contours of his stomach to keep them warm. He got a fright from how cold my fingers were when they touched his stomach and jumped causing me to giggle.

Not gonna lie, it was not only a benefit of having my hands kept warm, but I also got to trace Mason's abs with my fingers. Ahh, the perks of being cold.

The drive went quickly despite Mason being fidgety from sitting for so long, and when we got out of the car in front of dads place, he was gobsmacked.