Part 29: Caught in the Rain

Oh my god, I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted. Sorry about that!
Anyway, I hope this chapter makes up for it, if you like it please vote and let me know what you think by commenting!

Much love!! Xxx

In the morning, when the sun hadn't quite shown itself behind the clouds leaving us in a silvery haze, Mason and I thought we'd go for a walk.

There was a trail about a hundred metres down the road from the house and another track that took you through the forest into a clearing that I used to call Fairy Cove.

With any luck the pond would be frozen over and there may even be a touch of snow.

"Wear this," I brought a thick ski jacket towards Mason. It was black and had brown and grey fur lining the hood, and was the one my dad used to wear skiing. Despite telling him to bring a warm jacket, the thickest one he has is no better than wearing a T-shirt out in this weather.

He slipped it on over his long sleeve and did up the zip. I pulled my pink one out of the cupboard and did the same.

"Do you want wellies?" I asked, as I pulled mine on, fumbling around a bit due to my lack of a hand.

He smirked and looked as if to say 'really?' Before sticking his hands in the pockets at the front.

"I think I'll be fine, sweetheart." And he rolled his eyes while starting towards the door.

I shoved passed him as he opened the door for me, pulling my beanie on and called over my shoulder:

"Unless you actually mean it, I hate it when you call me that." A hand grabbed at my waist and he spun me back into his chest.

"Sweetheart." He whispered, his voice husky as he dipped his head and kissed my neck causing my eyes to flutter closed.

Down stairs we could hear dad's shoes pacing back and forth and him yelling into his ear piece phone thingy.

"Let's go." I said, breathy and excited. I pulled him down the stairs by his hand and waved at dad as we marched through the front door

It was freezing outside. The grass had ice covering each blade that crunched every time you stepped on it. I prayed to god that it wouldn't rain.

We started down the steep footpath to the trail not needing to talk, just enjoying the silence.

Although, my mind wondered back and forth between last night. I know he'd said he didn't mean anything he'd yelled at me but I still had the feeling in my chest that maybe he did.

I stole a glance up at him and saw he was staring down at me, his eyes soft and a hidden smile on his lips.

"What?" I asked, trying to put a smile on mine as well but failing miserably.

"I'm so lucky to have you." He said, wrapping and arm around my waist and pulling me into his side.

"Oh I don't know." I said waving him off but revelling in the tingles his touch gave me.

"No, I really am. I'm so lucky to have someone who, for the first time ever, I am able to say I love you to and mean it." A lump formed in my throat and I tried my best to swallow it.

He stopped and turned me towards him, I stared up at him watching his features. He looked uncomfortable sharing these sort of words. I knew he'd never been in a proper relationship before and that he'd never really trusted anyone other than possibly his sister and Cameron whom he'd grown up with.