Part 21: Awkward Kissing

"You just need a little blush, these lights make you look washed out." Complained Mel as she kept coming at me with makeup and I tried my best to swat her away as best I could without wincing from pain.

Mason had left two hours ago and as soon as he left I was internally begging for him to come back.

"Mel, seriously stop. It's not the lights, I am washed out. I lost a solid amount of blood." Her face turned grave and she slumped in the chair beside me.

"I still can't believe you survived. When Cam and I finally made it to you, you were being wheeled into the ambulance." She stared intensely at me and I held her gaze before she looked away to stare at her handbag.

"You were so still." She whispered. "I thought I'd lost you." A saw a tear slip down her cheek and reached my arm out to her.

"Hey, you can't get rid of me that easily." I joked, pulling her the best I could towards the bed. She took her place on the end by my feet and and sat cross legged opposite me.

Not long after, Cameron came it with a bunch of roses and a 'get-well' bear.

I laughed as he shoved the bear out proudly in front of him and placed it in my lap. He kissed my cheek and sat in the chair that Mel had previously occupied.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, smiling sympathetically at me then to Mel.

"Very sore and tired, but since I've lost three days I want to stay awake." Every now and then I could feel my eyelids dropping and I tried my best to keep them open.

"Well, I did bring every season of Gossip Girl from your flat so you can fall asleep in style." I fist pumped the air then winced. Note to self 2: don't move, it hurts. Cam always knew how to make someone laugh when they're at their worst, and I had a feeling that he and Mel were pretty much forever, which was great but that did mean I wouldn't get to see her so much.

"Where was Mason?" I asked, trying not to be too suspicious but I could see Mel's smile forming out the corner of my eye.

"He was there having a shower, I just ducked in and grabbed them."

Halfway through a game of monopoly I dozed off, and I could faintly hear them leaving through my exhausted slumber. I woke up a few hours later alone and in silence other than the annoying beep beep beep of the monitor.

I hated being a nuisance but I was parched, like seriously thirsty, you could use my tongue for sandpaper... that'd be weird though.
Pressing the little nurse button on a buzzer attached to my bed to get someone's attention I laid my head back until someone came.

The door opened to a very tall and very handsome looking male nurse who actually took my breath away.

He had caramel coloured hair with natural blonde streaks that suited his strong tanned body nicely.

He smiled when he saw me.

"Hey, everything alright?" He asked, coming in and closing the door behind him. He came over and pulled my blankets tight and flat, something that all the nurses did when they came in to check on me - I didn't know if it was mandatory or if I was just a messy sleeper.

"Uh yeah, I was just wondering if I could grab something to drink, please?" I asked, when he was standing beside the monitor checking my heart rate.

"Sure thing, I'll be back in a moment." He smiled a gorgeous smile that reminded me of Mason and I felt my heart flutter. I missed Mason. Even in the few hours he'd been gone I was already wishing he was back, so much so that when the nurse walked away I literally thought it was him.. what's wrong with me? Mental note, ask if the pain meds give you hallucinations.