Part 59: Hi, You've Reached...

Thanks so much for the cover 1-800-stay-loyal , be sure to check her out if you need a cover made!

This is an intense chapter today guys and I'm keen to read what you think about it!

I feel like I need to remind people that this is the first draft of this book so yeah there are mistakes but I'm gonna go back and edit once it's finished so all the plot holes disappear haha.

ALSO I wrote the epilogue the other day 😢 we're a bit off from finishing though, I just wanted it written so it's really good!

Enjoy guys! Don't forget to vote! Love you all xxx

"Dr Ross, it's good to see you!" I cried a little too loudly, feigning enthusiasm as I invited him in.

He was wearing a smile and carrying a card board carry tray with two coffees in it.

Shit shit shit shit.

"God, look at me," I laughed, looking down at my pyjamas, "I'm just gonna change, make yourself comfortable."

I tried not to walk away too quickly from him but I'm fairly sure I failed.
Once in my room, I threw my hands into my hair.

"What am I going to do!?" I whispered, spinning about the room to try and find something else to put on.

I settled with a pair of jeans and a tshirt and shoved my limbs through like a crazy monkey.

Mason. I needed to tell Mason.

I grabbed my phone off my bedside table and texted him quickly and full of typos.

'Mason,
Bross is here. Stay awak'

Just as I was about to join Ross back in the lounge room, I had a thought. What if I could get the answer out of him now and settle this whole ordeal?

I turned on the voice recorder app on my phone and shoved it into my pocket before straightening my hair and walking out to join him.

"Sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone." I laughed, avoiding his gaze and coyly walking over to where he was standing with the coffee.

"No that's okay, it's early, I should've called." He grinned, passing me a cup. "I guessed Cappuccino,"

"Yeah, thank you," I smiled a tight lipped smile up at him and gestured towards the couch.
Every time I was out of his gaze my face would fall back into the panicked state I was feeling. I didn't even want to know how he got the address to my flat...

"So, what brings you here?" I asked, sipping my coffee as I sat cross legged on the couch.

"Well, I remembered how you said and you and ... Mark, was it?"

"Mason," I gritted out with a smile.
"Right, well I remembered how you said you two had broken up and I thought I'd come check on you." He rested his hand on my knee and I almost felt my eyes go cross eyed in the rage I was holding back.

"Oh, well yeah I'm okay," I added a sniff for good measure, I tell you, with all this lying I may as well change my name to Priscilla, buy a mustang, adopt a Texan accent and move to America because I'm becoming a new person.

"Really?" He looked relieved. Why? I ain't your woman. "Cause I'd love to take you out sometime,"

Just then, there was a vigorous pounding on the door. Ross looked at me, concern in his features.