Part 64: Disco Dancing

Hey guys! New chapter! Keen keen keen

House keeping:

1. SEND ME YOUR QUESTIONS we're getting closer and closer with every chapter that passes to the end and if you have a question PM me! I don't want you to miss out!

2. check out my new book! The first chapter has been published and it will be continued not long after this book is done!

Don't forget to follow so you know when I upload and don't forget to vote!

Enjoy! 

"Ash, we're gonna be late," said Mason as he poked his head into the bathroom where I was putting the final touches of my makeup.

"Okay, I'll be ready in five," I replied, brushing my lashes once more with mascara. I ran into our room to slip into my dress, a fitted white bodycon that I borrowed from Mel, grabbed my shoes and jacket and danced over to Mason who was waiting by the door.

"Okay, I'm ready," 

I felt like I was waddling, I mean, I know I wasn't but it still felt like it. I'd put on a little bit of weight in the last months, mainly around my hips and ever since I'd noticed I had been feeling like I walked with an extra sway to my strut.

Mason gestured for me to walk in front of him and just after he closed the door I stole a glance over my shoulder and noticed his gaze about a foot and a half down from my shoulders.

"Enjoying the view?" I smirked, reaching back to take his hand.

"Hmm?" He bit his lip, shocked at being caught.

"I saw you, don't pretend," I giggled as he tickled my sides.

The ride to Mel's was smooth unlike the ride home from the docs. Mason and I continued our discussion of baby names, putting strict 'no's on ones we hated and 'maybe's on ones we liked.

"I don't see what you have against it," I countered as we climbed the last of stairs - unlucky for Mel, the elevator decided to die that night - and reached Mel's door.

"It's a seventeenth-century old ladies name, I don't like it," whispered Mason in my ear as we heard Mel's heels clicking across the floor.

"Hey!" Cried Mel pulling both Mason and I into a hug, cutting off my air supply.

We piled in and sat down on the couch to enjoy a bite to eat before everyone came round.

"Dear lord, please don't let this turn into a rager, amen." Mel prayed for the thousandth time. At first, it was funny, now it was ridiculous.

"Mel, nothing's going to go wrong, you've literally organised everything to the point where you know what time each song is going to come on,"

She nodded, chewing her lip in distress.

"You're right nothing's gonna go wrong. I mean, what could go wrong?"

People started to arrive not too long after we'd finished and within the hour the apartment was packed.

I spoke to people I hadn't seen since we'd finished school - a few people I didn't actually want to talk to but did out of courtesy - and some of our friends from uni.

"Hey, Ashley!" Called Kaitlin from across the room. She pushed her way through people to envelop me in a tight hug.

"Hi Kaity, how are you?" I giggled as she rocked from side to side before pulling back and examining me.

Kaitlin was part of Mel and my friendship group at school, she now goes to a uni in London and travelled all the way here just for Mel's birthday. She's the loveliest, loudest, most enthusiastic person I'd ever met. She was the girl that everyone could talk to even if you weren't friends with her, she was the girl that would cheer you up from the saddest situations.

It's interesting really, she's so private you'd have no idea that while she's laughing and cracking jokes, her parents were divorcing, her brother had run away from home to move to the States without telling anyone and her sister was struggling to make it through her first year of high school.

She was the kind of person who liked to keep her private life private but wasn't phased when people needed to tell her something when they needed it off their chest. She really was the best person to talk to if ever you had a problem or even if you didn't, her presence would just make each situation that little bit better.

"I'm great! I'm on my fourth drink and I'm about to dance my heart out, want to join? Oh hello, mister," she eyes Mason playfully and his face turned from a kind smile to the smirk that hides his laughter.

"Well done, Ash, so you're like a prince or something?"

The three of us burst out laughing and Mason wrapped his arm loosely around my waist.

"I wish," I giggled, resting my hand on his stomach to introduce him, "Kaitlin this is Mason, Mason this is Kaitlin. Kaity and I went to high school together,"

"Nice to meet you, Kaitlin," he nodded and she smiled.

"Aw, call me Kaity, everyone does. Now, mind if I steal your girlfriend for a boogie? Ain't nothing wrong with a little bump and grind, eh, am I right?" She nudged my arm with her elbow.

"Entertain yourself," I reached on my toes to kiss Mason on the cheek and followed Kaity to the living room where Mel and Cam had cleared the couches for people to dance.

We danced together like we used to at school and I was filled with a nostalgia I had no idea I'd missed.

"That's crazy, Ash! He's so handsome!" She spoke over the music, watching over my shoulder as Mason walked around the room calmly, nodding hellos and shaking people's hands.

I smiled as we both watched him shake hands with Dylan Monty the rugby captain from our school who was now pursuing his rugby career rather than going to uni.

"I know," I giggled. Do I tell her? I may as well, she was one of my best friends and I loved her so much and maybe that would give us an excuse to drift together again after we'd drifted apart. "He's also my baby daddy," I felt warmth flood my cheeks as she stopped grooving and pulled me to the side.

"You're joking! You're really pregnant?" Her eyes were filled with excitement and her grin couldn't be contained. She had that kind of smile that was contagious, thus my face also grew a smile.

I nodded causing her to squeal slightly and pull me into a constricting hug. 

"I'm so happy for you!" She jumped up and down while clapping her hands when she pulled back, before pulling me back over to the 'dance floor' and dancing vigorously with me.

After about half an hour of hardcore boogying, we retired to get a glass of water each.

"I'll be right back," She said, her eyes squinted as she eyed off one of the guys from our old school. "I'm going to interrogate him, did you know he hasn't even spoken to Evie since we finished school?" she marched off towards the crowd of people leaving me giggling to myself.

I felt rather warm and sweaty so after I'd finished my glass of water I refilled it to finish another one. I had this odd feeling of heat on the inside of my right thigh but I passed it off as sweat since we'd been dancing in the middle of the apartment without any windows open. 

At least, I passed it off as sweat until Cameron came up behind me and wrapped a jumper behind my back, tying it at my waist. 

I turned around to face him, confusion deep on my face and horror written all over his. 

Dun dun duuuuuuuuun

Sorry guys, had to bring back a cliffy! BUT we won't have to wait too long for a chapter right? Four days ain't that long

Thanks guys! Love you lots!