Part 57: Sticks and Stones

Okie dokie, let's settle in for personal story time:
Last night I uploaded the chapter (which all of you got the notification for) and then I realised there was an issue with it. So, after literally two seconds of uploading it I took it down. Whilst I was still awake, I got a handful of messages, comments and posts on my conversations board. I responded to all of these last night, so they should all have answers.
I thought, maybe they'll spread the word but nah 😂
I woke up with literally 1000+ notifs of comments, messages and posts (even though I made a post on the conversation board that told everyone what was wrong) and I was like 'Bruh, I can't respond to all of these' 😂

Anyway, moral of the story if there's a glitch check my conversations board or even my Twitter (shortycharlott1).

Okay, story time over, love you all here's the chapter!

Anyway, don't forget to vote! AND CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK the first chapter has been posted and the rest will follow after 'Apartment No.4'.
So keen!

Read the authors note at the end to see when my next update will be.

Enjoy!

"Well," Said Mel, staring over my shoulder at the pregnancy test.

"Well," I agreed, staring with her.

"So..."

"Uh huh." I said, pulling my lips into a tight line.

"And you're happy? You're happy with that result?"

"Maybe, I don't know." I carefully placed the stick on the counter again and resumed my place on the loo.

"What are you going to do now?" She asked from her place on the counter.

"I don't know." I ran my hands through my hair, feeling the oncomings of a headache. "Do I tell Mason?"

"I think you should." Her mouth pressed into a thin line and uncertainty clear as day on her face.

"What do I even say?" I shook my head. It's strange really, I felt oddly calm almost to the point where I could laugh... which I started to do, earning a concerned stare from Mel which only made me laugh more.

I was giggling in hysterics with tears streaming down my face soon after, gasping for breath just to get the words I was trying to say out.

"I can't believe that happened! What the hell!" At that moment I felt like the crying with laughter emoji and when my vision became clearer every now and then I could see that Mel was deliberating whether or not to call the funny farm.

She abandoned her place on the counter to walk over to me.

"Ashley, I think you're having a break-down." She whispered as she rested her hands on my knees, squatting in front of me to see my face clearer.

Ya think!?

After a considerable amount of time I'd managed to calm myself down to silence and now with the laughter gone, I felt empty. So, so, so incredibly empty.

"I just... I can't believe that I-" I was cut off by the sound of Cameron coming through the front door.

Mel and I looked at each other, eyes wide with panic before we scrambled around, sliding and slipping on the tiles of the bathroom to hide the tests and wrappers.

"Mel?" Called Cameron, his voice muffled from the door as he opened it slowly, not poking his head in but just so he could hear us

"Yeah, what's up?" Asked Mel, pulling the door open wider and leaning against the frame with her arms crossed as she tried her hardest to steady her breathing without being obviously dishevelled.