Part 63: Ooh baby baby!

Hey lovelies!
So we hit 2 million reads!!!! WOOHOO!!! I can hardly believe it, I remember when this book hit 1k and I wasn't sure it was really going to take off before then and now we're on 2M!!!

Thank you so much everyone for your love and support I really appreciate it.

Here's another chapter, and this is taking place from the 'flash forward' sequence and this is where we'll be continuing the rest of our story :)

I'm trying to push these chapters out more frequently and I'm also trying to stretch them a bit so we don't finish so soon. Don't know how well I'm doing but I'm doing it.

Don't forget to send me your questions!! That chapter is coming up really soon and I want to have answers to everyone's questions! Send me absolutely anything!

Enjoy!

"It's a little too early to detect gender at this point in time as well as to check for any abnormalities, although if you come in again in a week or two we should be able to determine then... everything looks okay from what I can see here, but I can never be sure at this early stage," She smiled at the both of us warmly as we sat in her office and she finished off her notes.

Mason was holding my hand in my lap and the smile he'd been wearing during the scan had only slightly diminished from his face.

"Is there anything we can be doing at the moment, special foods, drinks and so on?" He asked, going into bio-business mode.

The doctor tapped her chin with her pen as she thought.

"Well, not all women get cravings though a lot do," She started but I interrupted her with a snort.

"This morning I wanted Nutella pasta... I have a feeling I'm in the latter,"

Her mouth twitched in humour as she continued, "try to eat as healthy as you can, but don't stress too much if you do give into your cravings, remember, you're eating for two,"

Mason drove us back to our flat after the appointment so I could text Mel and give her all the details.

We'd been given a photo of the ultrasound like an old Polaroid and I continuously stared at it the whole ride home.

"James," I offered, as I examined the card.

"Isabelle?" He returned and I shook my head vigoursly with a sigh.

"It's okay, we've still got plenty of time to figure out a name,"

"About that," he started, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel, "I don't want to know the gender, you can if you want but just don't tell me,"

"Thank god you said that, cause I don't want to know either," I sighed in relief, closing my phone and propping my leg up to watch him while he drove.

"Also, I had a thought," I picked at my fingernails, "where are we gonna put all the baby stuff?"

"What do you mean?" He questioned, squinting against the glare of the sun.

"Well, there's the spare room but where will I Claire stay after her surgery?" I asked, my eyebrows pulling together involuntarily in concern.

"Oh right, I didn't even think about that," he pulled into the right lane carefully, checking the mirror as he went.

"Well, we could always move in with dad-"

"I don't think he'd be very happy with his pregnant daughter and boyfriend moving in with him especially while he and Pamela are there..." he trailed off, side eyeing me whilst cringing.