Part 65: Complications

Please if people could check the conversations tab of my profile you'll find a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE there.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could all read it please!

I was ushered into the bathroom by Cameron in a hurry where I was left to my own devices. That was until Mel came rushing through the door and closing it forcefully behind her.

Still having no idea what was going on, she unwrapped the jumper from around my waist and turned me around. Her hand cupped her mouth in shock as she moved to the bathroom cabinets.

"Mel, what the hell?"

"Ash I think... I think..." just then my reflection in the full-length mirror beside me caught my eye. Down the back of my thigh was a bright red streak of blood. My heart dropped.

I stared at it, stunned.

Did I knick myself? Did I scratch myself on something?

I tried to think of every possible excuse that would be anything except what I knew it was.

Mel whipped around and shoved a packet into my hands.

"Stay here, don't leave or anything," her eyes were wild and frantic as she left me.

What do I do now?

Blood had started to seep onto the back of my dress, so I peeled it from my skin slowly and gently, as though I was scared that the slightest movement would rupture a flood.

I was stripped down to my underwear and looked at the packet of pads Mel had handed me.

It seemed wrong to sit on the toilet but I didn't know what else to do.

I sat there, head in my hands and my mind running a thousand miles an hour as I felt my body begin to empty itself of happiness in all sense of the word.

It seemed like a lifetime had passed since Mel had left but once I'd checked my phone I realised it had really only been five minutes.

The bleeding had slowed somewhat, so I'd managed to clean myself up and now sat rigid as stone on the closed toilet waiting for someone to come back.

I was cold, my hands were like ice and my body was covered in goose pimples. I didn't want to think about what had just happened, I knew Mason would have a thousand questions.

Oh god. Mason.

He's going to be heartbroken.

Right on schedule, there was a rapping at the door and the muffled sound of what I thought was 'open up, Ash, it's me'

I jumped up and opened the door enough for him to slide through and for no one to see me in my bra and undies.

He was breathing erratically and his eyes were wide with panic. He looked around the room, his eyes murderous as he searched for the source of my pain before his eyes landed on me, shivering in my skin. His face suddenly became understanding as his mouth opened to an 'oh'. I felt my heart finally splinter as I painfully sobbed and began to sink to the floor against my own will.

He caught me quickly and held me in his arms, rocking us gently from side to side while slowly caressing my hair.

"Ashley, what's wrong? Mel and Cam came and got me, saying you were in trouble? Please tell me, I can't bare to see you like this," his voice betrayed him, he knew what had happened but he was scared to admit it.

"I'm so, so, so sorry," I sobbed wetly into his shoulder as I gripped his shirt tightly in my hands.

"Don't you dare. Don't you damn dare apologise," he whispered forcefully into my ear, pulling back to take my face in his hands. "This isn't your fault, it's no one's fault. Okay?"