Epilogue

Here we are.

The final chapter for Apartment No.4

"Alright now, everyone have a safe and enjoyable weekend,"

"Thanks Mrs. Murphy." A few teenagers mumbled on their way out.

"James, that's not the proper dress code, we're at a private school, not a shopping complex," I called out as that sneaky rascal James tried to slip past a group of students and through the door.

I walked around the classroom picking up papers and spare pencils from the test I'd just set, filing them into my folder before switching off the lights and locking the door.

"Ashley!" Called out Megan as she speed walked over to me, a flier waving in her hand.

"Hello, Ms Mascal, how are you?" I said formerly, noticing the student eyeing us in the hallway.

"I'm good, might I talk to you for a moment?" She asked, concern playing on her face.

"Of course," I unlocked the door to the classroom I was previously in and we both stepped inside.

"Have you seen this?" She held the flier out to me.

'ATTENTION ALL STAFF: There will be a meeting held on Thursday 27th of May at 4:30pm. This is compulsory unless signifying circumstances arrive.
Regards, Principle David Mooney.'

I read it over a few times not finding much wrong with the paper.

"Do you think it's about the job cuts? There's a rumour going around that the school needs to cut down on a staff member or two... and, I'm the newest." She was clearly in distress so I rubbed her shoulder gently.

"Don't worry about it, if it is about that I'm sure you won't be the one who gets the sack. You may be the newest but you're one of the best teachers we've had in a long time."
I tried my best to comfort her and it seemed to be working.

It was true, Megan had been at the school for a little under two years now and every teacher, student and parent was raving about her.

"Look, I shouldn't be saying this but I've heard that there's another teacher who is thinking about retiring at the end of the semester, so I think we'll be fine." I smiled sweetly at her and she took a deep breath to steady herself.

"Thank god. Sorry, I was just so shocked!" She sighed in relief, relaxing her rigid posture.

"That's understandable, anyone would be worried. I remember when I first started tea-" I was cut off by a rough jab at the side of my belly.

I pressed my fingers above where the prodding had come from to be rewarded with another kick.

Seeing my surprise Megan laughed.

"Has she been kicking often?" She asked, coming a little closer to replace my fingers with hers.

"Surprisingly yes, but only these past few weeks. I don't know, maybe it's something I'm eating." I thought back to what I'd had for lunch, okay so maybe having homemade tacos and a small tub of yoghurt wasn't exactly the best idea...

"Has Mason been freaking out?" She questioned, a smile lighting up her face.

"In all honesty... yes," I giggled, remembering how he much he freaked out the first time she kicked. We were in bed just about to fall asleep when little one began to kick violently against his abdomen. He jumped out of bed as though he'd been struck by lightning, complaining that she didn't like him, "whenever he touches my belly she kicks him, and he reckons that she hates him,"