six | anthony rizzo

don't say you love me

"(Friend's Name), why are we here this early?" you complained

"(Friend's Name), why are we here this early?" you complained. Not only had she dragged you to a baseball game and made you wear Chicago Cubs gear, but she had dragged you there almost 3 hours early.

"I already told you, I have a surprise for you!" she responded happily.

"I don't wanna wait three hours," you said. "I have to be here long enough."

"I know," she said. "I think this is going to make you like this experience a little more."

Sighing, you followed her to wherever you were going. She led you to a door with a police officer guarding it.

"Hi, I'm here to see Lucas Lee," she said politely.

"Sorry, you're going to need a pass to get in here," he said. (Friend's Name) turned to you, rolling her eyes. As if on queue, the door opened.

"(Friend's Name), you made it!" he said, smiling.

"Nice to see you again, Lucas," she said.

"You can let these two in, they're with me."

Nodding, the officer let you in.

"You must be (Your Name), right?" Lucas asked. You nodded. "I'm Lucas Lee, writer for the Chicago Cubs. I've heard a lot about you."

"I'm sure," you said. "(Friend's Name) is always complaining about me."

"I am not," she argued. "I just want someone to talk baseball to."

"Well, I might be able to help with that," Lucas said, smiling, leading you up some stairs. You looked out, kind of amazed at the view. You were in the home dugout, and you could see the players warming up out on the field. "This is one of the perks of working here; I get on the field before games."

"You look starstruck, (Your Name)," (Friend's Name) said, laughing.

"I'm not," you denied quickly, causing Lucas to laugh as well.

"Well, I give you two these," he said, taking two passes out of his pocket. "That way you can get on the field before games whenever."

"Wait, really?" (Friend's Name) said.

"Yeah, really," he said, handing the passes to her.

"Thank you so much!" she said, giving him a quick hug. "Now you have to come all the time, (Your Name). Not many people get these passes."

"We'll see."

"Just put the passes on and you should be fine. I gotta get back to work," Lucas said.

"Okay, thanks again!" (Friend's Name) said, waving as he disappeared back down the stairs. You took a seat on one of the benches in the dugout, watching the warm up. You noticed that they were batting now.