xciv | andrew benintendi

GENDER REVEAL | for callmeleah92 and haehaeeee

-

"Ready to go?" Andrew questioned, looking over at his wife, (Your Name).

"Yup!" she answered, adjusting her Red Sox jersey as she looked over at him.

Like many days, the two were on their way to Fenway Park, where Andrew was playing for the Boston Red Sox. However, that day was special, as they were going to find out the gender of their baby.

Though they had both gone to the appointment where they could have found out the gender, but neither wanted to. Instead, the doctor told Andrew's teammate and friend Brock Holt, who had insisted that it'd be special. So, they allowed him to plan it out. Neither (Your Name) nor Andrew knew what to expect.

(Your Name) was incredibly excited. Both she and Andrew were ecstatic when they had found out she was pregnant and knowing such an important announcement was to come brought back the uncontrollable excitement. They had been talking about starting a family for a while, so to moment was very special for both of them.

As they arrived at the field, Andrew received a text from Brock, telling him to meet him on the field. They did what he told them to do, making their way onto the field. There were few people around, as there were still many hours until the game started.

"Finally," Brock said as they approached him. "I thought I was going to have to wait all day."

"You told us to be here at one, Brock," she told him.

He glanced down at his watch. "It's one o' one," he informed, a wide grin on his face.

She rolled her eyes, chuckling. "Close enough."

"What's the plan?" Andrew questioned, obviously anxious to get to the point.

"Well, we're doing something a little... different," he said. "Follow me."

(Your Name) and Andrew followed him to the clubhouse, where he led them over to his locker. He reached into a bag, pulling out a box. "Open it," he instructed, handing the box to Andrew.

He took it from Brock's hands, looking it over before opening it. Inside, there was a baseball. "It's filled with chalk powder," Brock explained. "It'll break with enough contact."

"So I'm going to hit this thing?" Andrew questioned, spinning the baseball around in his hands.

"Yeah. Grab a bat and meet me on the field."

Andrew did as told, handing the ball to (Your Name) before grabbing one of his bats and following Brock back outside. He looked over at (Your Name), who grinned up at him. It made him so happy to see her so excited.

"Go ahead, whenever you're ready," Brock said. "I already talked to the grounds crew. They'll get all this cleaned up later."

Andrew simply nodded, moving to stand on the grass in front of the dugout while (Your Name) stood a few feet in front of him, fake baseball in hand.

"Ready?" she questioned, a large smile on her face.

"Ready," he responded, lifting the bat into his batting stance.

She tossed the ball and he swung, making contact. The ball exploded, sending the blue powder everywhere. (Your Name)'s hands moved to her mouth as tears formed in her eyes; they were going to have a baby boy.

She practically jumped into Andrew's arms and he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"We're having a boy!" she exclaimed, the information sinking in. "We're actually going to be parents, Andrew."

He grinned at her. "Yeah, we are."

---------------------------------

your requests were really similar so i lumped them into one i hope you don't mind!

11.19.17