scooter gennett

GENDER REVEAL | for DodgerGirlx

-

"Excited?" Scooter questioned, looking over at his wife, Tris.

"Is that even a question? Of course, I am," she answered. That day, they were having a gender reveal party. Tris had been pregnant for many months, but neither of them knew the gender of the baby just yet.

Scooter chuckled. "I am, too. I don't think I've ever been this excited."

"Even more excited than you were when you made your major league debut?" Tris questioned, raising an eyebrow at him.

He contemplated for a moment. "Okay, maybe second most excited."

Tris laughed. "We should get going. We wouldn't want to be late to our own party!"

The party had been put together by both Scooter and Tris' families. They had been supportive since the two had started dating five short years prior, so it made sense that they had quickly offered to help out with setting up such an important day. Really, they had set the whole thing up themselves with just a little bit of input from Scooter and Tris.

The party was being held at a space the families had rented just 20 minutes from their house. So, it was a fairly short ride. On the outside, the building looked normal, but on the inside, it was decorated with all kinds of pink and blue decorations.

"Wow, they really went all out with this," Tris said, looking around the room.

"Yeah, they did," Scooter agreed.

"Tris!" She barely had time to look over to see who it was before she was hugged tightly. She hugged back, laughing.

"It's been a while, Tina," Tris said, knowing it was her. Scooter's mom had always loved Tris.

"It's been way too long," Tina said, pulling away from Tris, "But I've never been more excited to see you." Tris smiled.

"This is beautiful, Mom," Scooter complimented.

"You have Tris' mother to thank for that," Tina said. "Who knew she was so good at decorating?"

Tris chuckled. "She's always been like that."

For the next two hours, the couple walked around, catching up with various family and friends they had invited. It was tiring and Tris was getting anxious to know the gender of the baby that she had spent the whole day talking about. It couldn't come fast enough.

Finally, Tina gathered everyone's attention. She brought Tris and Scooter to the front of the room.

"So, we all tried to do something different," she began. "So, we bought a pinata." Tris glanced over at Scooter, finding the choice interesting. He just smiled at her as his dad brought out the pinata, tying it up. Tina then handed a bat and bandanna to Scooter.

"So we're making this difficult, huh?" Scooter joked.

"Of course," Tina said, smiling. "Just cover Tris' eyes and hand her the bat and we'll be ready."

Scooter helped tie the bandanna over Tris' eyes. He moved her in front of the pinata before handing her the small whiffle ball bat. She held it in the stance that Scooter had taught her, waiting as the others in the room counted down. After one, she swung, making contact with it.

Immediately, people started cheering. Tris dropped the bat and lifted the blindfold, looking down at the pink dust in front of her. She looked over at Scooter, who ran towards her, picking her up and spinning her around.

He put her down before kissing her gently. "We're gonna have a baby girl," he whispered in disbelief.

"I love you, Scooter," Tris said, smiling, "and I'm so excited to start a family with you."

-------------------------------

tris, idk if you knew that you requested on this book twice but i fully plan to finish both chapters you requested

also i've been obsessed with psych recently and if any of you have watched it you should dm me bc i need people to talk about it with

10.13.17