christian yelich

SLEEPING IN | for Shelby_c2014

-

"(Your Name)," Christian said, staring down at his girlfriend, who was still laying in bed. It was 10:30 in the morning and she was still half asleep. "Get the fuck up."

"No," she grumbled, hiding her face in the pillows. Unbeknownst to Christian, (Your Name) had stayed up late the previous night, unable to sleep. She hadn't woken him up because she didn't want to bother him, but she hadn't gotten nearly enough sleep as she wanted.

"It's 10:30 already, babe," he said, sitting down on the bed.

"I know," she answered, turning away from him.

He chuckled, laying down next to her as he wrapped an arm around her waist. "I know it's the off-season, but that doesn't mean you get to sleep all day."

"It should," (Your Name) countered, turning over to face him. She opened her eyes slightly to look at him. He had clearly been up for a while; he had already taken a shower and dried his hair.

She reached up, messing his hair up before closing her eyes and curling up again.

"What was that for?" he laughed.

"You looked like you had been up for too long," she answered, hiding her face again.

"Maybe you should learn from me," he suggested with a smile.

"I'm good."

It was silent for a few moments, as Christian looked at (Your Name), before he got an idea. He tapped her, causing her to look over at him. He leaned over, peppering kisses all over her face. She giggled, smiling brightly as his lips touched every inch of her face.

Once he was satisfied with her reaction, he pulled away.

"Ready to get up now?" he questioned.

"No," she said, pouting like a child.

He sighed. "You have to get up at some point, baby."

"No, I don't."

"We have that dinner tonight, remember?" he asked.

"That's not for," she thought for a moment, "seven more hours, Christian. Just give me one more hour."

Christian raised an eyebrow. "One?"

"Okay, maybe two," she admitted.

"You're crazy," he said, smiling.

"Yeah, but you choose to deal with my shit."

(Your Name) was right. Christian had chosen that the moment his eyes had fallen on her bright smile in the stands at a Marlins game.

That was a day he remembered clearly. He was young; just up from the minor leagues and playing his second game at Marlins Park. She was resilient; everything about her seemed to sparkle. He had been so drawn towards her that the game barely seemed to matter.

He had frantically searched for her after the game. She was still sitting in her seat, looking down at her phone. She had glanced up at him, her eyes widening slightly at the sight of him. He smiled, and he smiled back.

That was the moment he had fallen in love with her.

"What are you thinking about?" (Your Name) asked softly.

"About how you should get out of bed," Christian lied with a smile.

"Leave me alone," she said, a smile on her face as well.

He leaned over, giving her a long, slow kiss. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Christian, but I'd love you even more if you let me sleep."

He smiled. "Anything for you."

-------------------------------

this one is super cute

09.23.17