lxxx | andrew benintendi

KIWI | for kayleejj

-

"Who do you have your eye on?" Brock questioned, taking a sip of his drink.

Andrew shifted his gaze from the blonde girl he had been eyeing from across to the room to his blond friend. "The blonde girl over there," he told him. "She's gorgeous."

Brock looked over at her, quickly spotting the girl. She was hard to miss; bleached blonde hair and hourglass curves.

"Oh, she's trouble," he told Andrew. "She's known for it. Stay away from her, Andrew."

"How do you know that?" the younger man questioned.

"Oh, everyone knows her," Brock answered simply. "(Your Name). They call her the devil."

Andrew just nodded, looking back over at the girl. She was talking to someone now: a man that looked to be about her age. She smiled sweetly at him as he talked to her, probably attempting to flirt. She went along with it, flirting in her own dirty and teasing way.

"She picks you up," Brock continued, "and just when you think you have her, she'll drop you."

"Interesting," Andrew responded quietly.

"No, not interesting," Brock corrected sternly. Andrew was surprised he had actually heard what he said. "She'll crush someone like you, Andrew."

He didn't respond, just looked back over at the blonde girl. She was alone now, sipping the drink in her hand. She glanced over at him, blinking as if she was surprised before turning away.

"She just looked over here," Andrew said, turning to Brock.

"I've warned you," he answered, rolling his eyes.

Andrew knew Brock was right. If he was so adamant about Andrew staying away from this girl, he probably should. However, it was too late for that. She was walking right towards them.

He had a good view of her now. Her long, wavy almost-white hair flowed down her back, swaying back and forth as she walked. Her skin was caked with makeup, making her skin appear pale. She was wearing a tight, low cut white tank top and short black shorts.

Gorgeous. That was the only word to describe her.

"Brock. It's nice to see you again," she greeted with a smile as she approached them.

"I can't say the same for you, (Your Name)," Brock responded, downing the rest of his drink before turning to her.

She frowned. "How rude. You can't even find the kindness to greet your own sister?"

If Andrew was drinking something, he surely would have spit it out in shock. How in the world was she related to him?

"You're the one that didn't keep in touch," Brock argued, obviously annoyed with his sister. "Mom and Dad are still waiting for a call from you."

"They're the ones that gave up on me," (Your Name) snapped. "They shouldn't expect anything because I am not doing shit for them."

"They only gave up on you when you gave up on yourself." Brock stood up, leaving his empty beer bottle on the table. "I'll see you tomorrow, Andrew."

(Your Name) sighed, brushing her hair out of her face as she turned to Andrew. "I'm sorry about that. Andrew, right?"

"Uh, yeah," he managed, still shocked.

"I'm (Your Name), but you probably figured that out already," she said, taking Brock's seat.

"Yeah," Andrew responded, clearing his throat. "Brock told me."

"I don't know why he even comes here," (Your Name) said. "He knows I'm always here. I think he does it just to harass me."

"I take it you two aren't very close," Andrew said.

"Yeah," (Your Name) responded, waving the bartender over. "We used to be, but things change." She turned to the bartender, ordering two drinks.

"You don't--"

"Everything I get here is on the house. You're my brother's best friend. It's the least I can do," she interrupted.

"I guess you really are here often, huh?" Andrew questioned.

(Your Name) smiled. "Of course. I'm a regular."

The bartender put two beers on the counter in front of her. She smiled at him before sliding one of the drinks to Andrew. He opened it, muttering a quick "thank you" before taking a sip.

"Y'know," (Your Name) began, leaning on the counter. "You're a really good player."

"You watch the games?" he questioned.

"Sometimes. I like to check up on how my little brother is doing," she told him.

He raised an eyebrow. "Little?"

"Yeah. He always makes me feel like the younger one," she said, taking a sip of her own drink. "He just doesn't really understand it."

"He told me to stay away from you," Andrew admitted.

"Yeah, that's like him." She sighed. "I don't think I'll ever make him understand."

"You've been nothing but nice to me. I don't understand why he said it."

"He sees what everyone else does," (Your Name) said, looking down. "I'm just a pretty face."

"I'm..." he paused for a moment, looking at her, "I'm sure you're much more than that."

She ran her fingers through her hair, sighing again. "Sorry. I kinda lose it every time I see him. I won't drag you into this."

"I don't mind," Andrew told her. "You seem like a really nice person. I mean that."

She smiled at him. "It has been a long, long time before anyone has told me that."

-----------------------------------

theo epstein better keep his paws off of andrew

10.25.17