forty five | anthony rizzo

beach surprises

"Anthony," you whined, leaning into him

Mimicking your tone, he said, "What?"

"Tell me," you said. Earlier that day, your boyfriend had told you that he had a surprise for you, but refuse to tell you.

"For the last time, no," he said, rolling his eyes.

"You're no fun," you complained, frowning.

"Only sometimes," he said, leaning forward to kiss you.

He had told you that he was surprising you because you had had a hard week, but he never told you anything besides that. You knew that if he told you it would ruin the surprise, but you liked being nosy.

You gave up, hiding your face in his chest. It was fairly late and you were tired. He was right; it had been a stressful week and you were very glad he was doing something for you. Him being gone for so long during the MLB season was hard, but things like this made it worth it.

"I love you," he said, leaning down to kiss your hair.

"I love you more."

The next morning, Anthony shook you awake at 5:30 A.M. You groaned, rolling over and hiding your face in the pillow.

"C'mon, we have a long drive ahead of us," he told you.

"Is this part of the surprise?" you mumbled.

"Yes." You sighed, rolling over to be met with a grinning Anthony standing over you. "We leave in an hour."

You glared at him. He knew you hated waking up early, and you were pressed for time on top of it. Still, you reluctantly got out of bed. You took a shower before getting dressed. By the time you had finished, Anthony had packed things into the car and was waiting in the living room.

"Ready to go?" he questioned as you walked in.

You sighed. "I guess so," you answered.

He smiled, walking over and kissing you on the lips. "Let's go, then."

Two-and-a-half hours later, Anthony pulled up into an almost empty parking lot. You looked out at the beautiful view of the ocean.

"We're here!" Anthony sang as you stepped out of the car. Anthony knew you loved the beach, and the view here was amazing.

"It's gorgeous," you said.

"I knew you would like it," he said, walking to your side of the car and wrapping an arm around your waist.

"Is Kris here, too?" you questioned, turning to Anthony.

He chuckled, wrapping his other arm around you, too. "Nope. Just us, baby girl."

"You're the best, Anthony," you said, grinning at him before kissing him for a long moment.

He grinned once you pulled away, "I know."

You rolled your eyes as he pulled away from you, walking to the trunk of his car. He opened it, gather various beach items from the back of the small car. He handed a tower and a chair to you before walking onto the beach. You followed him, excited. You loved the beach immensely and you were incredibly happy that Anthony had decided to take you here.

You set your things down, unfolding the chairs and laying out one of the blankets. He handed you your swimsuit and you changed into it the bathroom nearby, smiling at the blue and white top with black bikini bottoms.

You walked over to Anthony, who immediately called, "Race you to the water!" upon seeing you. You barely had time to react before he was racing towards the water with you behind him. However, he beat you by a mile.

"Damn you and your good shape," you said, joining him in the waist deep water.

"Sorry," he fake-apologized with a shrug. You rolled your eyes at him again before jumping onto him, sending you both toppling into the water. You laughed loudly as you emerged from the cold water, wiping it out of your eyes.

"You shouldn't have started this, (Your Name)," he said as he wiped the water away from his face. You simply grinned at him before he splashed a large wave of water on you, soaking you again. You responded by splashing him, though it had nowhere near the force that his wave did.

The two of you continued this for a while, taking turns splashing and dunking each other in the cold water. After a while you got tired and you both got out of the water, drying yourselves off before laying down next to each other on the towel.

"Hey, what do you say," Anthony trailed off, tracing a light line down your side. You rolled your eyes before pushing him away.

"I'd rather keep the sand on the beach and not in me, thank you."

i thought of that last line and immediately started laughing my ass off 

this is so late, i apologize! i started playing pokemon x again and that was a mistake bc i'm obsessed again, so i've spent most of my time in the last few days playing it. i think i'm getting pokemon moon soon, but hopefully i'll still be able to keep up with updates.

also, i'm going to be gone from the 6th to the 14th. i'm going to washington d.c., then i'm driving to visit my girlfriend and go to hampton beach for a day. so, until then, i'll try to update as much as possible!

anyway, thank you for the request!

08.01.17