cviii | corey seager

just haven't met you yet

There was a knock on Navni's door and she stopped her loud singing, turning her music down

There was a knock on Navni's door and she stopped her loud singing, turning her music down. "What?" she yelled. Her door opened and her older brother, Cody, stuck his head inside.

"I'm having friends over. Try to keep your music down," he informed before closing the door.

"Lame," Navni replied to no one in particular, turning her music up just a bit before continuing to sing along.

Moving in with her older brother had been nothing but a positive thing for Navni. He lived in a nice apartment in Los Angeles and was nice enough to let her stay with him at almost no cost to her. He had a steady source of income, being a major league baseball player and all. He didn't really need her money.

As much as she tried, Navni wasn't really a baseball person. She knew Cody appreciated it when she went to games, so she tried to go to at least a couple a season. Because of that, however, she didn't really know his teammates that well. The couple that she had met seemed nice enough, but she never really got to know them.

Navni assumed that Cody was having a couple teammates over, so she decided to grab something to eat from the kitchen before they arrived. It wasn't that she disliked his teammates, she just... disliked social interaction.

After eating, on a whim, she decided to clean her room. She didn't have anything better to do--she was off of work for the day. That, of course, meant obnoxiously singing along to music and dancing around her room.

Around half an hour in, she cheered when Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble started playing. She had kept the singing down since she had heard Cody's teammates arrive, but nothing was stopping her from belting this song out.

It had been her favorite song for an incredibly long time. It was a sweet, light-hearted love song that had spoken to her. She felt it successfully portrayed her feelings about her lack of a relationship.

Navni danced around her room, singing along. She knew the words by heart, hitting every note perfectly. It was her anthem.

She thought she heard someone walking in the hallway outside, but she ignored it, continuing to dance. "I just haven't met you yet," she sang along, finishing the song and opening her eyes. She was facing her doorway, and the door was open and a man was staring at her. Judging by the Dodgers t-shirt, he was one of Cody's teammates. Since when had Cody had such an attractive teammate?

"Uh, sorry," he said, looking flustered. "I-I thought this was the bathroom."

With that, the man closed the door, leaving Navni to stare at the blank door. She just hadn't met the right guy, or maybe she had?

 She just hadn't met the right guy, or maybe she had?

i always spell seager as segear my god

07.20.18