nine | kris bryant

proud parents | for allison

"Mom, what did you want to be when you grew up?" your son, Alex, asked

"I didn't really know what I wanted to be," you told him. "I was trying to figure out what to do when I met your dad again." You smiled softly. "What do you want to be when you're older?"

"I wanna play baseball like dad!" Alex exclaimed enthusiastically, smiling brightly.

"You're going to have to work hard, then," you said. "You know what? Why don't we go to one of your dad's games this weekend?"

"Yeah!" he yelled.

"I heard my name," Kris said as he walked into the living room. You smiled, standing up from your place on the floor and moving to his side.

"I was telling Alex that we should go to one of your games this weekend," you explained as Kris kissed your forehead.

"Sounds like a great idea," he said. You looked over at Alex, laughing when you saw that he was pretending to swing a bat.

"Looks like he's excited," you said, smiling up at Kris. "Looks like we might have a Kris Bryant Jr. on our hands."

That Saturday, the Cubs were playing the Cardinals at Wrigley Field. You and Kris decided that would be the perfect day to go, as after that the team was going on a fairly long road trip. Since the game started at 1, you arrived at Wrigley at around 10. That way, Alex could get to watch batting practice, and maybe get a tour.

"Hey, Allison!" Anthony called as walked towards the field.

"Anthony! It's nice to see you," you said. However, his eyes were on Alex, who was standing at your side.

"Uncle Anthony!"

"And who is this big boy?" he said as he picked him up. Alex smiled brightly.

Alex and Anthony were very close. Anthony and his girlfriend often came to your house, and Anthony always said it was because of Alex. Often, they tried to play baseball in the backyard, and Kris would always end up joining it. It was fun, seeing them together. It was almost like you all were a family.

"You've gotten so big!" Anthony said as he set Alex down, ruffling his hair. He turned to you.

"He says he want to be a baseball player like his dad," you said.

"I'm sure he would love to watch his son play baseball," Anthony said.

"Yes, I would," Kris said as he walked up to you.

"Dad!" Alex exclaimed. Kris smiled as he gave him a hug.

"Are you excited to watch the game?"

"Yeah!"

"I'll hit a homerun for you, alright?"

-

"C'mon Dad!" Alex cheered as Kris was up to bat. There were two outs and one man on base in the third, and they were down 1-0. Currently, the count was 2-2, and Kris was waiting for his pitch.

On the 3-2 pitch, he got it. It was a pitch right down the middle, that curved towards him slightly. He swung, hitting it as hard as he could. He watched it fly into the bleachers as the crowd erupted into cheers. Kris pointed to where you and Alex were sitting on the first base side, smiling as Alex cheered loudly.

"That one was for you, Alex."

-

"Dad!" Alex exclaimed as he ran towards Kris. Kris smiled brightly as he picked him up, spinning him around. You smiled. It always warmed your heart to see the two you loved the most together.

"Did you like the game?" Kris asked.

"Yeah! You hit a home run like you said you would!"

"He was very excited," you told Kris.

"Can we come back tomorrow?" Alex asked, causing you both to laugh.

"Dad is going to be gone for a little bit, but when he comes home we can go again. Is that okay?"

"Yeah!"

You looked over to see Anthony walking towards you.

"Go see Uncle Anthony," Kris said, setting Alex down. Alex ran towards Anthony, jumping at him.

"How'd my favorite 4-year-old like the game?" he asked.

"I loved it!" Alex answered.

"How about I show you around the field?" Anthony offered. You looked over at Kris, who nodded his head.

"That's fine with us," you said.

"Thanks, Allison. Let's go, Alex!"

You looked at Kris, who was smiling.

"What's the big smile for?" you asked.

"I was just thinking about how much I love our family," he said.

You smiled. "I love our family, too."

thank you for requesting

thank you for requesting. i hope you liked it!

also, merry christmas, to those of you celebrating

12.25.16