cxvi | giancarlo stanton

queen

Giancarlo sighed at the all-too-familiar deep voice in his ears

Giancarlo sighed at the all-too-familiar deep voice in his ears. "Meeting in the common room, ASAP," the voice boomed. Ah, angel radio; always ruining his thoughts and his fun.

He left the room, taking in the plain sight of the pristine white hallways. Most angels would just zap over to the common room, but Giancarlo had never really enjoyed doing so. It made him feel human, almost.

After millions of years of being an angel, Giancarlo Stanton was tired of it, though he'd never admit that. In Heaven, angels who ignored their powers and favored humanity were hated, or just killed on the spot. The indifferent that angels were supposed to feel for humans was absolutely insane, in Giancarlo's eyes.

From the moment he had set foot on Earth, he had fallen in love with humanity. Giancarlo hated his dumb angel privileges and the expectations that came with simply being one of them. Being on Earth made him feel real: like he wasn't just some monster that no one believed in.

Part of this, however, was the girl who called herself Zoe. She was beautiful and so was her soul. He had accepted her an as angel from the beginning and taught him what it was like on Earth. It was a very odd place, but he absolutely loved it and he loved spending time with her. From what other humans had told him, what he felt for her was love. Giancarlo didn't really understand at first, but Zoe taught him that as well.

He could still remember the look on her face when he left. Heaven was beginning to stir over his extended time on Earth and he couldn't risk being suspected of anything. As much as Giancarlo knew he was hurting her by leaving, he had to. He hoped that she'd be happier if she knew he was still alive rather than possibly watching him die at the hands of one of his brothers or sisters.

When Giancarlo walked into the common room, there were plenty of angels standing around. Their leader, Brian, stood at the front of the room, looking as serious as ever. Giancarlo had never seen Brian do so much as crack a smile, and frankly, Giancarlo would be freaked out if he ever did.

"There have many odd killings in the past month," Brian spoke up, a map of the United States appearing on the white wall behind him. It was zoomed in to focus on a small town in Kansas: Lawrence. "We are concerned that Hell might have something to do with this."

"Since when do we care about humanity?" Aaron, an angel standing near Giancarlo, questioned. 

Brian looked over at Aaron with a stern look. "We don't. What is odd about these killings is that they are all supernatural beings. Vampires, werewolves, you name it. They have all happened in similar ways. We must make sure there is nothing sinister going on to keep the peace." Brian snapped his fingers, magically pulling up some brutal photos of the killings. It would have made and human sick, but Giancarlo was too used to it. "I'm sending Mark and Giancarlo to investigate and report back to us in a day's time. You two got that?"

Giancarlo nodded obediently, and from across the room, Mark did the same. Giancarlo knew that Mark had a reputation of sympathizing with humanity, and Giancarlo knew that that was the reason he had been picked for this mission in the first place.

The meeting ended and shortly after, Giancarlo was in Lawrence. Things were somewhat tense with Mark, as they didn't know each other that well and Mark had a bad reputation, but they were brothers, after all.

After following the trail of killings, Mark and Giancarlo ended up at what looked to be some abandoned warehouse. The building was highly guarded, and Giancarlo didn't have to look twice to see that there were demons everywhere.

A short planning session later, the raid began. Giancarlo walked towards the front doors to the warehouse, which was guarded by two burly looking demons. They were no issue, however. They were just minions of hell and no threat to him.

Giancarlo walked towards them, his Angel Blade forming in his right hand. One demon lunged towards him and he thrust the Blade upwards, piercing the demon. It froze, light coming from its eyes and mouth as a crackling noise could be heard. Giancarlo dodged an attack from the other demon as he removed his blade from the first, grabbing the second demon and stabbing it as well.

He looked over at Mark, nodding. The two made their way through the building, killing various demons as they went. They weren't really sure what they were looking for, but they needed to find something.

A shrill laugh rung in Giancarlo's ears as he removed his Blade from yet another demon. He and Mark whipped around simultaneously and Giancarlo almost dropped his blade.

Zoe was standing in front of him, but it wasn't Zoe. She had very clearly been possessed by a demon.

Giancarlo wasn't sure what to do. The human girl he loved, and who he had sworn to protect with his life, had become one of them. He was heartbroken and disgusted.

"Who are you?" Mark questioned, speaking in Giancarlo's silence. "I've never seen you before."

Zoe-- the demon laughed again, apparently finding Mark's questions funny. "Hello, Queen of Hell here. It is nice to meet you two, but especially you, Giancarlo. Zoe has thought a lot about you."

i was out of idea so yay au's

i was out of idea so yay au's. i feel like i haven't really written any of them but i always enjoy reading them so why not

this was of course heavily inspired by supernatural :))

08.05.18