forty six | andrew romine

photographs | for reasie

Rease wandered around the campus, tugging on the strap of the backpack on her back as she walked

Rease wandered around the campus, tugging on the strap of the backpack on her back as she walked. With her camera in one hand and the strap in the other, she tried to find a subject to take photos of. She had been instructed to take photos of her high school sports teams for the yearbook, but she wasn't exactly sure where to start.

The girl's tennis team would be an interesting subject, but she didn't think they would appreciate her taking pictures during their practice. Besides, most of the popular girls were on the team and Rease didn't feel like having to face them. Both lacrosse teams had practice, so she decided to leave them be, too. The baseball and softball teams both had games. The softball team was moderately good, to say the least. But the baseball team, however, was fairly good.

She made her decision, nodding to herself before walking towards the baseball field.

The players were just warming up for their game, already dressed in their black and white uniforms. She watched, trying to find the opportunity to snap a good picture when someone ran into her, knocking her over.

Rease immediately checked to see if her camera was okay, which thankfully it was. Only after that could she address the boy that was practically laying on top of her.

"I'm so sorry!" he apologized, climbing off of her quickly and moving to crouch in front of her.

"It's alright," she responded as she sat up, looking at the boy. He wore the same uniform as the players; obviously, he was on the team.

"Are you taking pictures of the game?" he questioned, gesturing towards the camera in her hand. Rease nodded. "Oh, that's cool. Are you staying the whole time?"

She thought for a moment. "I might, I'm not sure," she informed.

"You should. We should talk after the game,'" he suggested before looking over at the field. He stood up. "I gotta go, see ya!"

Rease watched as he dashed off, chuckling to herself. He didn't even tell me his name.

She found a place to stand just before the game started. The boy she had met(run into, perhaps, though it was more like he had run into her) started in right field. He didn't have many plays there, but when he did he performed exceptionally well. He did the same at the plate, too, as he racked up three hits in the 10-2 win.

Following his suggestion, Rease stayed after to game to talk to the boy(she had watched the whole game and still hadn't learned his name). He was one of the last players to emerge from the dugout, but when he did, he had a large smile on his face.

"So, you did stay," he said as he walked over to her.

"Yeah, I did," she responded, standing up.

"I'm Andrew," he (finally) introduced.

She smiled. "I'm Rease, but call me Reasie."

He grinned. "Alright, Reasie."

They two talked for a while, but it was late at getting dark quickly.

"I should head home," Rease said when silence had fallen between them.

"Okay," Andrew said, sounding slightly disappointed.

"Goodnight, Andrew," she said as she began to walk away.

Oddly, Andrew didn't respond. However, she found the reason behind it when he called her name. She turned back around to look at him. He walked over to her, looking down at the ground shyly.

"Would you like to, uh, go out with me some time?" he questioned.

She smiled. "I would love that."

i've closed requests temporarily bc i have a lot of requests i haven't done and i feel really bad that i'm not able to do them quickly

i've closed requests temporarily bc i have a lot of requests i haven't done and i feel really bad that i'm not able to do them quickly. i should have done this a while ago, but oh well

thanks for the request, reasie! 

08.02.17